Super Moderator
20,204 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

·
Super Moderator
20,204 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Disappointing
Yup. To be fair though, they have been working on our highways for years and this winter's multiple ice storms/ freeze thaw cycles/tons of salt have made the roads very bad. They couldn't work on them at all and there are tons of setbacks all over. People are getting petty frustrated. Going on 9 years on my job and I have yet to have the 22 mile drive not have construction on it in those 9 years, losing at least 1 lane.

The coasters (and you Chitown) people laugh and say yeah that's not traffic or hey, now you know how we feel. You're right, but also the reason I like it here is because there is no traffic. If I have to deal with an hour each way to and from work I might as well live someplace more awesome with tons more stuff to do (an ocean, skiing, etc...).

In that specific spot there were wrecks on back to back days at rush hour causing multiple hour+ delays each day. I think Saaber here was just done with that noise.

·
Super Moderator
9,616 Posts
Yup. To be fair though, they have been working on our highways for years and this winter's multiple ice storms/ freeze thaw cycles/tons of salt have made the roads very bad. They couldn't work on them at all and there are tons of setbacks all over. People are getting petty frustrated. Going on 9 years on my job and I have yet to have the 22 mile drive not have construction on it in those 9 years, losing at least 1 lane.

The coasters (and you Chitown) people laugh and say yeah that's not traffic or hey, now you know how we feel. You're right, but also the reason I like it here is because there is no traffic. If I have to deal with an hour each way to and from work I might as well live someplace more awesome with tons more stuff to do (an ocean, skiing, etc...).

In that specific spot there were wrecks on back to back days at rush hour causing multiple hour+ delays each day. I think Saaber here was just done with that noise.
Oh trust me I can't wait to get out of here

·
Super Moderator
20,204 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Oh trust me I can't wait to get out of here
Colorado? Yeah, I'd live there too. It's getting worse as well as the West coasters migrate East. Housing costs are getting pretty bad along with traffic.

·
Super Moderator
20,204 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Perfect. ;ol;

1 - 9 of 9 Posts