SaabCentral Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I returned last night from my trip to Taos from San Antonio with a few problems!;oops:;oops:;oops:

1. Cracked my windshield(this is my second windshield since buying the car new!!!!!) on the dusty New Mexico roads and wondered if anyone had used the filler service that some windshield companies offer in lieu of replacement? The crack is about a 1/4 inch long and is only on the outside. Does this stuff work and how does it look? If I end up replacing I might try the aftermarket glass instead...this one looks sand blasted and the aftermarket can't be worse!!!

2. While filling up with gas, I noticed part of the liner on the driver side underneath my car had ripped off and was hanging on the ground. This is the liner in front of the wheel liner that sits directly under the washer bottle. Only a piece of the driver side was hanging off and was being held in place by the wiring that I asssume runs to the washer motor. There was a strange male/female wiring plug that was attached to the liner and it was allowing this liner piece to hang down and drag on the ground. I suspect a rock hit the area at high speed and somehow loosened the liner until it ripped off. I managed to cut the offending piece of the liner off and tuck the wiring up to the side of the washer bottle and get home. Anyone know the part number of this undercarriage liner that goes from the driver side to passenger side and is screwed into both wheel well liners and sits in the front of them? Any ideas of where to buy a replacement other than the dealer?

Other than this the car was awesome for a long car trip!!!

·
Registered
411 Posts
WHEEL OPENING LINER FRONT SAAB 93 2003-2010

scroll to bottom of page

http://www.thesaabsite.com/93/93body03on.htm

93 2003-2010 4 CylWheel Liner Driver Front OES12786020 $ 65.96

I dont know how but my local dealer non saab but gm body shop got them fo 45 bux. it might be an aftermarket part.

·
Registered
393 Posts
WHEEL OPENING LINER FRONT SAAB 93 2003-2010

scroll to bottom of page

http://www.thesaabsite.com/93/93body03on.htm

93 2003-2010 4 CylWheel Liner Driver Front OES12786020 $ 65.96

I dont know how but my local dealer non saab but gm body shop got them fo 45 bux. it might be an aftermarket part.
Not the right part. The part that connects to the wiring harness is the front air shield.

·
Registered
846 Posts
I have had the filler repair done on windshields in the past, never for cracks but for chips. they turned out pretty good, no one (but me of course) noticed. I would think with a small crack on outside of glass as you describe could be fixed up nicely. I dont blame you for not wanting to replace windshield for a 3rd time on a late model car.

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Found the air shield at the dealer and will install in the morning after having my windshield repaired. Thanks to all for the info! This site is really wonderful for finding the info you need and advice from members:D

1 - 7 of 7 Posts