SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know there have been many posts for connection to a roadspeed signal for third party SATNAV systems. I have recently tried these connections, both to the wheel sensor plug and also at the brake controller - but with no success. It may be that the voltage is too low.

I contacted Clarion who have sent me some very good information. If you extend the steering column fully towards you, you can pull the steering boot out of the dash. Under the boot is a 25 pin connector onto the steering column module. Pin 2 (green and white wire) is a good road speed signal which can be used for SATNAV systems.

I have a complete document but cannot attach it to this posting, so if anyone wants the information, please drop me a line as it is easier than joinuing into the wheel bensor wiring or brake controller directly.

·
Registered
1,150 Posts
I am interested in a copy of the document. Can you send it to me at the following email address? macbum at gmail dot com. Thanks.

·
Registered
12,509 Posts
So what do you guys do about the speed differential....as dicussed in the forum, when my Speedo says I'm doing 75, my TomTom 910 or HH Garmin says I'm doing 70 so after 4 hours at a constant 70 mph my gps iwould say I have gone 240 miles....using the speed sensor signal, it (Satnav) would tell you you've gone 260 miles.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Mine shows me about a 2-3 mph difference than what the speedometer reads. Honestly I think the speedometer is off. I had a portable gps that always read 2-3 mph different as well...

1 - 6 of 6 Posts