SaabCentral Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Now I know I can't just buy a set of tires and rims and make them fit and I'm a bit of a n00b so what should I be looking for, for my stock 03 9-3 linear in terms of rims/tires, bolt patterns codes I need to look for when buying? Thanks!

·
Registered
811 Posts
website

Tag,

The best place to start your search is www.tirerack.com

This will give you the details you need.

Our 9-3s bolt pattern is 5x 110mm 40mm offset. A few other variations of offset will work, but search the website and you will find many, many options.

Drew

·
Banned
1,436 Posts
After that it all boils down to wether you want performance or bling-bling. The more the tire/wheel combo weighs the more performance you lose since every pound is rotational weight hence it makes a big difference even though it seems like such a small amount.

The general rule is try to go wider profile tires for the summer and stick with the factory wheels for winter tires because wide tires in snow have a lot of trouble plowing all the extra snow that thinner tires will cut through.

·
Registered
104 Posts
Hey guys,

I heard from a couple of people that you have to stick to original alloys from Saab otherwise the handling and performance are really bad... is this true?

I'd especially like to hear from you guys who have non original wheels on. I have been holding off on buying rims as i didnt wanna get the standard ones (unless an absolute bargain presented itself).

·
Registered
22 Posts
Not true. It is true that suspension is tuned based upon the equiped wheels/tires, and the more radically you depart from that you may notice differences (i.e. a heavy, non-performance 19" bling wheel) in handling characteristics.

However, realize also that 18" wheels are an option/accessory in Europe (check the saab uk site).

Accordingly, handling may change, but it's unlikely to be "really bad"

·
Registered
499 Posts
In a few days or a month, I plan to get new 17" wheels for my 2005 Linear.

The factory specs for the car is 41 mm offset, 16x6.5, 215/55-16. The Aero had 41 mm offset, 17x7, 225/45-17 but later Arc had 17x7.5

I plan to get 40 mm offset, 17x7.5, 235/45-17. I think I'm too timid but I don't really want 18"ers. I think that 40 mm offset is better than the other way (42 mm).

·
Registered
46 Posts
Any experiences on fitting OG9-3/9-5 rims on 9-3 Sport Combi? The offset is different. How much this affect on handling, appearance and fit?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts