SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys,
I bought myself a Saab 95 Griffin V6 3L. 2000 in July and am delighted with it. No probs so far. I am living in Dubai but considering moving back to New Zealand next year. As you may know NZ is right hand drive land and I have a left hooker. Is it possible to convert and how complex/expensive a task is this.My dash etc.. is in immaculate condition so if anyone is looking to convert the same model the other way perhaps a trade of the necessary kit would be possible. Any ideas or will I contact Saab in Sweden.
Cheers Bruce

·
Registered
22,211 Posts
Hi Bruce

I guess anything can be done, but I wonder if you cant find another equally nice car in NZ and save the transportation and the conversion costs :confused:

I'm guessing it will be a lot of cash in parts and labour :cry:

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Chris,Kermit,
Thanks for prompt replies but heres the thing.Even thoudh Saabs have thier followers in Dubai they are not immensely popular and thus lose thier value from new very quickly. If its not a bmw merc or toyota ( more Landcruisers than you can wave a stick at) these cars devalue quickly. Consequently I have picked up this lovely car for under 1/2 the price I would pay in NZ.If I am taking a container of houshold effects home it may cost me little extra to chuck in the car. If I have owned it for over a yr I am exempt from paying duty/tax.Labour costs are also pretty cheap in Dubai so if I can source the parts and a good mechanic the conversion may make economic sense. Only in research stage at this pt.

Although I think I can import to NZ a left hooker many of the roads are 2 lane opp. direc. with no median barrier and so overtaking become a bugger. A little unsafe. Will have to do my research and figures but a conversion may be a consideration.
Cheers Bruceeeeeee

1 - 5 of 5 Posts