SaabCentral Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Help!!! I'm trying to replace the complete front RH axle (w/ inner CV flange) on my daughter's 93 9000 CSE Turbo and cannot get out the existing one. Do I have to remove the motor mount and half shaft? what am I missing here?

·
Registered
630 Posts
Besides removing the 1-1/4" axle nut and clamp on the CV boot, remove the three lower bolts/nuts for the ball joint that attach it to the control arm, and the two lower bolts on the strut. This will allow the strut to swing out enough to get the end of the axle shaft out of the wheel bearing.

To remove the inner CV companion flange you would have to take out the right side carrier bearing bracket(right rear motor mount) you can leave the intermediate shaft in place.

There is a large snap ring on the transmission side of the bracket that holds the companion flange shaft in place through the bearings. The cover for the intermediate shaft covers it up IIRC.

It can be done without pulling the engine - did that when I converted my 9000 from Auto to 5-speed.

·
Registered
630 Posts
For the right side companion flange you do not have to drain the transmission! It is not mounted on the transmission.

The left side companion flange is the one mounted on the transmission.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Wow, that was a job and a half. The carrier bearing bracket did not want to come off the engine. It was like there was another bolt holding it on but it was only the three you can see. Apparently it was stuck on the two pins located at each bolt location. I got it off eventually and the old girl is back on the road. It's like a new car. Thanks for the info Jeff325.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.