SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My car is a 1987 (d reg) t16s.(200000 miles)
Noticed this mainly during the recent hot weather.If I quickly open the throttle a little bit I notice thatr momentarily revs will drop before they pick up.Also If the throttle is slightly open ,,just to keep the car at constant speed ,say 30mph ,it becomes hesitant.
I can't find any air leaks ,recently replaced turbo with new one and engine doesnt use any oil.Can any one suggest what this may be.(i'm thinking mixture)
Also what is the %CO setting thats found to be best for overall performance.
I have mine set at about 0.5%.
Regards
Bob

·
Registered
7,033 Posts
Does it take several cranks to start? Could be an ailing fuel pump.

Otherwise, pull the throttle body, AIC, cold start, and all the other open/close valves on the front of the engine that can get gummed up and clean them out with carb cleaner. As per Bentley's check your coil/cap/leads are in good shape, connectivity and putting out the proper output. Check that all vac hoses are tight and not cracked.
Sorry to be so vague, but that's pretty much the route I would go for myself.

·
Saab Mad
14,069 Posts
I had this on my T16. The problem went away after I swapped the throttle body and inlet manifold with all fittings :lol: I suspect the throttle position switch was dirty, causing that signal to the ECU to drop out momentarily.

Swap in a different throttle body if you can, or remove the TPS and thoroughly clean it out. Use a soft graphite stick to libricate any wipers/tracks or electrical grease on contacts.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts