SaabCentral Forums banner

21 - 27 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
I had something similar and went to the local fabrics store, they literally handed me black glue that smelled and looked like elmers except that it wasn't white, gave me some vinyl scrap to patch the hole from the inside, and paint. looks great, been over a year and no issues.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Torn driver's seat

I have a tear on the seat and I see tears developing on the back of the seat.
I "fixed" the tear in the seat but I think it may actually look worse because the seats are formerly white, not dirty white, so I tried mixing yellow and brown and well it looks like I dropped my hotdog with mustard on it.
And since the back is tearing too I was wondering what it would be like to replace the seat coverings.

Any ideas?

·
Super Moderator
9,289 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
I have a tear on the seat and I see tears developing on the back of the seat.
I "fixed" the tear in the seat but I think it may actually look worse because the seats are formerly white, not dirty white, so I tried mixing yellow and brown and well it looks like I dropped my hotdog with mustard on it.
And since the back is tearing too I was wondering what it would be like to replace the seat coverings.

Any ideas?
I would try mixing again, you only need a slight amount of yellow or brown mixed in with the white. It's a 2008 9-5? Aero? Base? LHD or RHD? Interior trim code? I can try to help locate part numbers for new covers and see if they're available for purchase

·
Registered
12 Posts
Trim code

Hi,

The repair looks terrible because the seats are no longer white and I'm not all that handy with this stuff, and more tears are developing so I should probably just replace the seat covers . My trim code is L27, body color 170. 2008 9-5.

Do you know where I can get replacement covers probably just for the front seats.

Thanks,

Edward

·
Super Moderator
9,289 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
Hi,

The repair looks terrible because the seats are no longer white and I'm not all that handy with this stuff, and more tears are developing so I should probably just replace the seat covers . My trim code is L27, body color 170. 2008 9-5.

Do you know where I can get replacement covers probably just for the front seats.

Thanks,

Edward
In your case, buying new OEM covers is cost-prohibitive ($700 per backrest cover each), plus, the bottom cover is discontinued.

https://www.esaabparts.com/saab/parts/12761184

https://www.esaabparts.com/saab/parts/12761195

It makes more sense to hunt down some used seats from a junkyard - check car-part.com. Or, just get some basic universal seat covers to hide the defects.

21 - 27 of 27 Posts