SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
have posted a question similar before but im still stumped.the reversing lights on 96 900 auto dont work. but i have power to them! what happens is when i put a 5w bulb it lights for a few seconds then goes out and stays out . i turn off igniton and something resets then it does the same again.the recommended 21w bulb never lights. im guessing an earth or relay problem .have had the connector off the selector switch and cleaned it but if anyone has any ideas its much appreciated cos its driving me mad now! anyone any idea which relay controls the reversing lights cos i cant seem to find it. thanks to anyone who posts a reply.

·
Registered
7,975 Posts
now you say you have 12 volts at the bulb but what ampage do you have? my guess is that the relay is at fault causing high resistance there so there isnt enough power to light your bulb, find the relay and replace it to see if youre lights then work ;)

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thanks boxman have looked under bonnet but cant decide which one it is have 3 black ones and a larger orange one any ideas ? or is just try them all ?

·
Registered
6,596 Posts
I suspect it's under the dash. In my US car I can hear it clicking under the left side of the dash if I move the shifter in and out of reverse with the car off, but with the ignition switch on.

·
Registered
1,608 Posts
Excellent (!) Haynes manual points out that there are relays (obviously ;oops: ), but does not say what is what. Marvellous:eek: !

·
Registered
2,584 Posts
Hopefully this helps. According to the data available to me, the reversing light's relay is located under the dash (what side its on in the UK I don't know, US its driver's side). But once you've found it look for #3 from this diagram, thats the one (hopefully UK and US relay locations on this panel are the same):

1 - 7 of 7 Posts