SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2,377 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know many of you have swapped out your reverse lights for LEDS and have loved the way they look. My issue is last night I realized just how dim my reverse led lights are and am wondering what bulbs did everyone use?

At first mine seemed bright enough, but I always checked during the day and never really noticed whether they were bright enough backing up. it Wasn't until I had to back my car into my parking spot at home.....came close to hitting my explorer because it barely illuminated what was behind me.

I put he stock lights back in and everything lit up again. I really prefer the led style lights so if anyone can point me in the direction for what they used I would greatly appreciate it

·
Registered
3,951 Posts
I went with these; not LED's but bright enough after I tinted the rear ligthts and they beep when you put the car in reverse; in the city that these work for me.

[ame="http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/images/B00009W3SQ/ref=dp_image_0/188-1969793-5368735?ie=UTF8&n=15684181&s=automotive"]
[/ame]

·
Registered
3,951 Posts

·
Registered
293 Posts
I have these below in cool white. Bright as hell and I love em. Whenever I put the car in reverse if there are people behind I hear them say "whoa! whatch out!" ;ol;
Thanks boet.

How do you get to the reverse light to swap the bulb? Is there a diagram somewhere I can use? :roll:

·
Registered
1,817 Posts
Yeah, I've always wondered how you remove these without breaking them. is that even possible? :roll:
it is if you VERY gently depress the center pin in - NOT TO FAR!!!!! :evil: and then slowly wiggle it out. It takes surgical precision to not break those stupid things, and the local auto stores have some generics, but they just don't fit exactly right...ever...

1 - 10 of 10 Posts