SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
2 days ago i drove my car completely smoothly, backed out normally from driveways and parking spaces without any problems. went to move it this morning and will not go in reverse. it is a manual transmission, and sometimes the gears stick, but they are not sticking. i can put it into all other gears and it works perfectly, but when i put it in reverse it acts as if in neutral. i have a mechanic i can go to, but before i do, any idea of what could be wrong?

·
Registered
3,286 Posts

·
Registered
1,503 Posts
raycop said:
2 days ago i drove my car completely smoothly, backed out normally from driveways and parking spaces without any problems. went to move it this morning and will not go in reverse. it is a manual transmission, and sometimes the gears stick, but they are not sticking. i can put it into all other gears and it works perfectly, but when i put it in reverse it acts as if in neutral. i have a mechanic i can go to, but before i do, any idea of what could be wrong?
What do you mean. "it will not go into reverse?"

Can you get it into reverse and there is nothing there or the stick will not actually go into the reverse gate?

If the stick is actually in the reverse gate and you have no reverse gear then your bust. It will mean teeth stripped ect. A new reverse gear set or a new box.

Your experience sounds very like mine was some time ago. I selected revese to back into my space at work and pop the gears gave way and I lost drive.

Here is a post on the issues. My reverse geartrain is at the bottom of the post.

This led to a home transmission swap and a writeup. So good luck.

Dead

1 - 5 of 5 Posts