SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello All,
This is the results from my 2000 9-5 and installing a used twice with matching key. My problem was a bad twice and remotes inop and key not accepted message on sid.
I found a twice module with key in the UK cheap so I ordered it.

1. UK twice/remotes (fobs) operate on 413 mhz and U.S. twice/remotes (fobs) operate on 315 mhz . The Twice new or use will work with either 315 mhz or 413 mhz. Just make sure you use the fobs that match your remote receiver module located in rear of center console.

2. if you have keys already for your car but they are not accepted by twice (due to a bad twice) then when you get your used or new twice take the transponder/chip that is paired with that twice, and put it in your original key so you can turn the ignition and will have a pre-paired chip already to go into programming mode with tech 2 scanner.

follow the easy tech 2 menu to program your twice then clear codes
go back with tech 2 after clearing codes and program immobilizer and then clear codes again. You should now be able to start the engine.

Also I found out you can reprogram a used key transponder/chip and pair it with your twice as long as you have an available slot ( up to 4 I think).

Bottom line- You need a new or used twice with at least one matching transponder/chip. Then when you program with tech-2 your engine will run again.

I am located in southern arizona near tucson. so if anyone needs access to a saab Tech-2 just message me.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Saabmod9-3

I am a new member and I am sorry but I do not know what (STICKIE THIS) means.

Could you elaborate?

·
Registered
208 Posts
It's a comment to the moderators to put it in a permanent position [stuck] at the top of the forum.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hello All,
This is the results from my 2000 9-5 and installing a used twice with matching key. My problem was a bad twice and remotes inop and key not accepted message on sid.
Hello All,

1. UK twice/remotes (fobs) operate on 413 mhz and U.S. twice/remotes (fobs) operate on 315 mhz . The Twice new or use will work with either 315 mhz or 413 mhz. Just make sure you use the fobs that match your remote receiver module located in rear of center console.

2. if you have keys already for your car but they are not accepted by twice (due to a bad twice) then when you get your used or new twice take the transponder/chip that is paired with that twice, and put it in your original key so you can turn the ignition and will have a pre-paired chip already to go into programming mode with tech 2 scanner.

go back with tech 2 after clearing codes and program immobilizer and then clear codes again. You should now be able to start the engine.

Also I found out you can reprogram a used key transponder/chip and pair it with your twice as long as you have an available slot ( up to 4 I think).

Bottom line- You need a new or used twice with at least one matching transponder/chip. Then when you program with tech-2 your engine will run again.

I am located in southern arizona near tucson. so if anyone needs access to a saab Tech-2 just message me.

Hello, due to the pandemic I am in rural Georgia, and my Saab would not start. There was only one shop near me that would take a 2004 Saab. Turns out it seems it was the TWICE module. The problem is, the mechanic, however hardworking and reliable, just can't get it to sync up. They have the software they need, or so they believe. I've tried to help them find resources. If we can't figure this out together, the car would have to get towed 2 hours away, and I really don't want to have to do that. Would you, or an expert you know, be willing to get on the phone and walk them through some of the Saab programming steps? I believe we're close, but I do need my car now...it has been with them for a month and a half now. The car is otherwise in fine shape, we think, with 132,000 miles and many more to go. It would be so wonderful if we can get it running again.

Any suggestions or help would be much appreciated!!

DG

·
Registered
9,376 Posts
Hello, due to the pandemic I am in rural Georgia, and my Saab would not start. There was only one shop near me that would take a 2004 Saab. Turns out it seems it was the TWICE module. The problem is, the mechanic, however hardworking and reliable, just can't get it to sync up. They have the software they need, or so they believe. I've tried to help them find resources. If we can't figure this out together, the car would have to get towed 2 hours away, and I really don't want to have to do that. Would you, or an expert you know, be willing to get on the phone and walk them through some of the Saab programming steps? I believe we're close, but I do need my car now...it has been with them for a month and a half now. The car is otherwise in fine shape, we think, with 132,000 miles and many more to go. It would be so wonderful if we can get it running again.
Do they have a Tech II with the proper Saab software (V148.000)? If they don't, well, that's what they need. There may be other ways of doing this, but Tech II would be the reliable way to do so.

Did you get a replacement TWICE? Did it come with a key/remote programmed to it? That's another thing that's required.

You can also check the Tech II Location thread in the common topics/Tech II workshop section to see if there's a Tech II owner somewhere in your area.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hello All,

Do they have a Tech II with the proper Saab software (V148.000)? If they don't, well, that's what they need. There may be other ways of doing this, but Tech II would be the reliable way to do so.

Did you get a replacement TWICE? Did it come with a key/remote programmed to it? That's another thing that's required.

You can also check the Tech II Location thread in the common topics/Tech II workshop section to see if there's a Tech II owner somewhere in your area.
Yes to all, a TWICE replacement, and all the software, but they can’t get the software to talk to the TWICE. I will ask them about the key—that could be the missing piece. Thank you for your quick response, much appreciated, will let you know.

SaabDG

·
Registered
8,869 Posts
No key (IMMO chip), no TWICE unock. No TWICE unlock, no help.

You NEED TWICE with matching key (IMMO chip).

·
Registered
7,897 Posts
As Mimmi said you need at least one key that is married to the TWICE to unlock the TWICE for programming. you might be able to marry it to the car but you'll never be able to get into the programming to allow you to add keys.

If you need a TWICE with two Type 2 keys (and one Type 1 just for fun) PM me, I still have one.

·
Registered
8 Posts
I'm the shop that needs to program a replacement twice module. The original module was damaged by rain/water. The replacement came with 2 remote heads. And batteries have been replaced with new ones (just for safe measure). I can not communicate with the vehicle with my Tech 2 scan tool (Stays on HOME screen). I only have GM on it. As per GM TDS they referred me to tis.sabparts.com for programming. I went there and paid for the following subscription:
Saab TIS2WEB (Access the official Saab source for vehicle calibrations, Global Diagnostic System software and Tech2 software updates).
If I tried to download the Saab software (V148.000) into the TECH 2 it gives me an error.
I can go to the SPS module programming page and through the MDI and Laptop and communicate with the car. But I can not use the TECH 2 view/emulate to communicate with the PCM. When all is plugged in I get a no communication error. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
7,897 Posts
What year is your car? IIRC it was 2006 or so that Saab switched the 9-5 from the generic OBD port to a CAN OBD system so you'll need the CANdi adapter to talk to that car. (I've never done it since I've not owned one that new)

If it's not a CAN car then there have been reports from others that the pins in the OBD connector push out and the Tech 2 can't talk to the car. you can drop the panel down and check those wires to make sure the pins are firmly seated in the connector.

I'd suggest you go on line on ebay and buy a memory card with the Saab software already loaded, it's just a PC-card so you eject what you have and put the new card in. That way y ou don't have to figure out how to download it.

on the 9-5 you don't need TIS to marry a Twice. And you can download from the Tech2 thread different versions of the Saab software but you need an older laptop with a PCMCIAfull size card slot in it to do the programming. I had an old DELL when I had mine and it worked fine. you can also download the TIS software you need as well as instructions on how to install it.

·
Registered
8 Posts
What year is your car? IIRC it was 2006 or so that Saab switched the 9-5 from the generic OBD port to a CAN OBD system so you'll need the CANdi adapter to talk to that car. (I've never done it since I've not owned one that new)

If it's not a CAN car then there have been reports from others that the pins in the OBD connector push out and the Tech 2 can't talk to the car. you can drop the panel down and check those wires to make sure the pins are firmly seated in the connector.

I'd suggest you go on line on ebay and buy a memory card with the Saab software already loaded, it's just a PC-card so you eject what you have and put the new card in. That way y ou don't have to figure out how to download it.

on the 9-5 you don't need TIS to marry a Twice. And you can download from the Tech2 thread different versions of the Saab software but you need an older laptop with a PCMCIAfull size card slot in it to do the programming. I had an old DELL when I had mine and it worked fine. you can also download the TIS software you need as well as instructions on how to install it.
It is a 2004 Saab 9-5 ARC. I have the Candi in-line attached at all times.

Thats the strange thing I can talk to vehicle threw the SPS function online with the MDI.

·
Registered
8,869 Posts
Remove CANDi. 9-5 my 98-05 do not need it.
BTW: TECH2 should mention that.

·
Registered
7,897 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Hey guys. I received the saab card. Followed step by step of 1A. Got to step "after 210 seconds, message appears: Programming Immobilizer Please wait .....Unit is now programmed"

I DO NOT get the message of unit is programmed. It counts down then states "no communication with trionic 7".

I can scan for DT codes and there is DT Code 1460 which I've cleared and comes back immediately. All modules read/scan except the trionic 7. States Trionic is missing. Which is not. We did verify the module is plugged in, the relay has power.

Did I do something wrong?

1 - 20 of 29 Posts