SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
310 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey guys i jus got a 94 900t vert w/ 203000 miles in it, could anyone tell me what to expect problem or repair wise?

·
Registered
429 Posts
PeteM said:
hey guys i jus got a 94 900t vert w/ 203000 miles in it, could anyone tell me what to expect problem or repair wise?
From what I can tell all you can expect are good times ahead :)

Great purchase, got any pics?

·
Registered
424 Posts
I picked up an example of the same car two weeks ago. It unfortunately was suffering from exposure to "teenage-son driver Syndrome". It needs a 5spd tranny, clutch, front motor mount (going back with a solid mount) passenger side motor mount, alternator mount bushings, and one outside CV joint boot and a tie rod end. RH side fog light is in smithereens, too--guess they couldn't see curbing and relied upon the "touchy-feely" method. Bumper trim on one side in the front. Insert in the dash around the gauges is starting to peel off--gotta replace that. Oh, and tires.

There is also a gremlin in the vacuum system that prevents the center vents on the A/C from opening up. Gotta dope that one out, too.

Mine is tomato red with a tan top. Should clean up just fine--will post a pic once I get to work on the paint.

This one will be for my wife to drive, and I get the black 91 turbo 5 speed vert- :cheesy:

Older son left for Texas on Thursday in the 88 900S-stealth SPG. Got 30+ mpg averaging about 80 over an 850 mile day.

Smiles you are indeed in for! Cheers!

·
Registered
1,713 Posts
Are you planning to restore it, or just keep it running for another 20 years?
I have an 87 vert and am slowly restoring/modding it for a bit more pep and making the interior fancier.
I have a lot of ideas and plans for this car.
I have had her for 6 years and she has 277,000+ on her and going strong.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts