SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi there, I am a new here and I just got a 03 Saab 9-5 couple weeks and I hope if there is anyone can tell me where I can get the Rest of World done in Canada. Or is it possible to cross the border and get it done by the dealer?

Regards

Ryo

·
Registered
904 Posts
Welcome aboard.
When you get a chance, everyone would like to see some pics of your 9-5!
Pardon my ignorance....but what is "rest of world"?

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hello

Rest of world is a program which will change you headlight system, In Canada, by law, you have to turn on the headlight all the time. They call Daylight Running Lights (DRL), and my 9-5 will switch on Low beam all the time no matter day or night! but once you set Rest of World. you can have

Pos 0 > No Lights
Pos1 > Fogs and 5 Watt Headlamp / Parking Light
Pos3 > Low Beam, High Beam, Manual Control of Fogs.

so, you can use Pos1 to run day time and 3 to run night time.

http://www.saabcentral.com/forums/showthread.php?t=12126

regards

ryo

·
Registered
7,035 Posts
too much BC bud.

(rest of world?):eek: eh?

You just put in fuse #27 I think. BOOM DRLs. I have a US spec 9-5, you just put the fuse in and it passes Canadian standards without a hitch.

Welcome fellow Vancouverite!

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
thanks, but what kind of fuse did they put it in? can you tell me the color or the # which shows on the top of the fuse?

regards

Ryo

woywitka said:
too much BC bud.

(rest of world?):eek: eh?

You just put in fuse #27 I think. BOOM DRLs. I have a US spec 9-5, you just put the fuse in and it passes Canadian standards without a hitch.

Welcome fellow Vancouverite!

·
Registered
230 Posts
Ryo said:
thanks, but what kind of fuse did they put it in? can you tell me the color or the # which shows on the top of the fuse?

regards

Ryo
The inside cover for the fuse box shows a diagram of all the fuses and what amp fuse goes in each slot.

G

·
It's fuse #35 and should be 15A (blue). There are 6 rows of fuses, #35 is on the second row from the bottom in between two green 30A fuses.

The Rest of World settings you are talking about only applies to the 9-3 (2003+). On those cars, it is not as simple as pulling a fuse to disable the DRL's.

·
Registered
7,035 Posts
Wulf said:
It's fuse #35 and should be 15A (blue). There are 6 rows of fuses, #35 is on the second row from the bottom in between two green 30A fuses.

The Rest of World settings you are talking about only applies to the 9-3 (2003+). On those cars, it is not as simple as pulling a fuse to disable the DRL's.
ah,

No I understand 100%.

The car passes inspectin by putting in the DRL fuse no issues.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Wulf said:

So, which means I can't use headlamp instead of Low beam during the day time driving!!!??

Ryo

1 - 9 of 9 Posts