SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, I'm picking this car up very soon. Need to know a few things and usual manuals and stuff.

Clutch slave and master cylinder bleed nipples spanner size(s)
Clutch cover (bellhousing section) spanner size.

Looking for Owners handbook link (search fruitless)

What's the most comprehensive workshop manual for this, the last haynes I used was wrong more than half the time.

·
Registered
1,692 Posts
bleeder is 13mm (only bleeds at slave)
cover you'll want a 10mm, 12mm, 13mm

Service manual I use is Bentley

I see as many problems with the clutch hose as the cylinders

·
Registered
3,720 Posts
You will also require a tool (you can make one or buy one) to keep the fingers of the pressure plate pushed in. The clutch slave, pressure plate and disc are all removed as a single unit. And installed the same way. There are numerous threads concerning alternate tools and methods of accomplishing a clutch change.

·
Registered
8,923 Posts
Yes, it's dead easy, 1.5 - 2 hours tops. Get the Bentley. It's not perfect, but generally OK. SAAB 900 16 Valve Official Service Manual: 1985, 1986, 1987, 1988, 1989, 1990, 1991, 1992, 1993: Including 1994 Convertible Workshop Manual: Amazon.co.uk: Bentley Publishers: Books
These come up occasionally on eBay cheaper. Matt's guide with lots of pics in the FAQ is worth looking at. You don't need all the special tools, but the spacer ring is very useful, but you can often use something else instead.

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I'm not changing the clutch just yet, this is just a quick bodge to get it home.

I'm not throwing £50 at a manual, for one, when I find a mistake: I'll implode.

·
Registered
5,673 Posts
I'm not changing the clutch just yet, this is just a quick bodge to get it home.

I'm not throwing £50 at a manual, for one, when I find a mistake: I'll implode.
That doesn't make sense you said you're looking for a manual, it's the best one available bar the official Saab manuals, it has a few mistakes but is adequate for the average person. It's much better than the Haynes manual.

You can also download Saab manuals from this forum, sticky at the top of the main saab 900 workshop page/

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
It's super help and advice and appreciated - but the price is too high, I will look on ebay.
Lots of things make no sense.
who said I'm average.:cheesy:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts