SaabCentral Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just curious on everyone opinion about doing the Res delete?? Road Drone? I want to know anything and everything that anyone has to offer on this subject. Thanks

·
Registered
453 Posts
I deleted the res to begin with, as it is pretty large, but there was barely any noticeable increase in sound. The overall tone deepened a bit, but the only thing that was really noticeable was the slight burble when I would shut the car down. I wanted more sound from the exhaust, so I went with a full exhaust that has a single muffler. Now it sounds deep and fantastic in my opinion.

·
Banned
1,042 Posts
My came with replacement pipe and was quiet with no resonance or volume. It was undersized compared to the rest of the system and was restricting flow, believe it or not.

·
Registered
398 Posts
Before my full 3" i did the res delete and you couldn't tell on the hwy or in town unless you went behind the car had a little deeper tone but nothing crazy loud that will get you in trouble with the law. just do it its worth it the res is like 2-3 feet long and it weighs a ton.

·
Banned
1,042 Posts
You might be pomped for a week or so until the slight volume increase. I ran mufflerless and highway cruise was just a slight purr.

·
Registered
453 Posts
With a full 3" and just one small muffler that sits about where the old resonator was the only time I get any amount of drone is when I sit in 5th slowly climbing a hill. Removing the resonator is basically the gateway to redoing the entire exhaust.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thats pretty much where I'm leaning to then a stage 3 ecu upgrade possibly...what kind of mufflers are you guys using?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts