SaabCentral Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, it's finally warmer and I'm inspired to drive again. I have an '99 wagon with the 2.3 LPT that is starting to loosen up handling wise. I'm saving up to replace the currently sagging suspension with a sport suspension, most likely Koni shocks and new springs. But i'd also like to take the time to replace all the factory bushings in the steering and suspension with polyurethane or something a bit better, but I'm having trouble finding these parts. Where can i find anything like this? And at 136K miles, should i think about replacing the sway bars and any stabilizers? Where might I find something along those lines? Any help and/or suggestions is greatly appreciated!! I'm super excited about breathing new life into this tired wagon.

·
Registered
3,196 Posts
Powerflex Bushings

Below is a link to their webstore for 9-5 suspension parts.

http://store.powerflexusa.com/saab-9-5-urethane-bushings-1998---2005-p36.aspx

One word of caution though. I once owned a 1979 Pontiac TransAm with factory urethane bushings in the suspension. Eventhough I was only 22 at the time, the ride was so rough that I would wince in anticipation of oncoming expressway expansion joints.

Be sure this is what you want. They may be great for handling, but ride comfort rated a zero on my T/A.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the tip, maybe not the direction to go with Vermont winters and frost heaves. I'm just looking for alternatives to improve what is wearing its way out. Appreciate the link too.

·
Registered
679 Posts
I have a nice set of Koni Fsd shocks on my 2000 Aero wagon they've transformed the handling nicely.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Did they lower the ride height at all? I'm looking to stiffen things up a bit, achieve good handling, but not destroy my car on winter roads.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Did they lower the ride height at all? I'm looking to stiffen things up a bit, achieve good handling, but not destroy my car on winter roads.

·
Registered
679 Posts
Hey,

They firmed the car up for me a nice bit, but still leaving it soft enough to handle bumpy roads without shaking the living daylights out of the car.

I have koni yellows on my old VW Golf Gti and I hate them but the FSD's are just right for me on the Saab. Check out the link and I think theres a few posts on the modification forum about them.

http://www.larkspeed.com/index.pl?a...-Kits-Automatically-Adjusting-Shock-Absorbers

Cheers
Michael

1 - 7 of 7 Posts