SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,
Some idiot tried to break into my NG900.
They first decided to cut out my window!, then it looks like they snapped their blade and then used a brick. :nono;

so I now have no glass in the rear quarter, Off side, drivers rear (right hand drive car) the rubber is cut and unuseable and I have glass everywhere. The car is windy and its going to rain next week!!

I have sourced the part off ebay, not that expensive with the rubber intact.
My question is, I have pulled out all the rubber and I'm left with some nasty sticky black stuff, which I assume is window adhesive.

Now, in order to fit the new window, what is the process?, do I need to clean off all the old black adhesive?, or can I just paste more on?

Also, what is it called and where can I get it from?
Suggestions gratefully received!

: )

·
Registered
21,583 Posts
Find a good glass place..if vandalizing is rife in England, then these shops should exist and be competitive. They must replace the damaged items and apply new epoxy, which only the experts can do, as I see it...We do have experts here....but not me..
Its a shame these things occur...we have this problem as well:evil:

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks mate, but easier said than done. I can't afford to claim on car insurance and take down to autoglass. can't afford to take it down to autoglass either!

I ended up getting one from a scrappers yard for £10, which was more than I was prepared to pay, quite frankly - for a little bit of glass.

I am taking out the remnants of the window rubber and there is a load of black sticky stuff holding it in place. Its a right pig to remove and I'm not using any solvent, either!!

Now:
I take it I need to get more of this stucky stuff to bond the window in place.

For anyone who has some knowledge about what this bonding material is called, maybe you worked in a car repair place or know the procedure?

My question is this:

what is the black sticky stuff called? technical or brand name please?

Once I find this out, I can I buy it from a local motor factors.
and proceed with the self install.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts