SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
449 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I did a quick search on the forums for this question, but only saw a thread in the 9-3X forum with a similar issue.

My '03 Aero went through a fire, and now I'm trying to source used replacement parts for it that are the same color (black), so I don't have to repaint new parts. The housing and casings of both my side mirrors melted and deformed around the glass. My car has manual folding, power, heated, and auto dimming glass. . . All these function still work, but the way the plastic melted around it makes it 1) unadjustable and 2) ugly.

I found some listings on ebay for the entire mirror assembly that match color. It's from an '07 9-5, but says that it would fit the model years '03-'09. However, these parts are listed as electrically folding.

Couple of questions:
1) Even though I don't have the electric folding wiring, would this mirror assembly still be a plug-n-play situation with all the other options still functioning? (e.g., power mirror, heating, and dimming). The seller of the part was unsure about whether the wiring would match up. I'm not trying to retrofit my car to have the ability to electrically fold them. Manual is just fine for me.

2)If this can't just be dropped in, is it easy to take apart the assembly and just re-use the plastic cover and housing with my old mirror assembly components? I assume it's doable since the mirror cover and housing parts are still sold new (but unpainted) on sites like eeuroparts. But if anyone can clarify that would be helpful.

Also, black paint across the years for 9-5s didn't change at all did it? The parts car listed on ebay is listed as and looks black but some close-ups kinda show it has a metallic sparkle to it. Can't tell if it's just the sun glaring off the surface in the photos.

Thanks.

·
Registered
449 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Well, I was able to confirm at least that the paint doesn't match. That '07 had jet black (code 298) where my '03 is just black (code 170).

·
Registered
9,116 Posts
1: Yes, they will fit. If you want fold, you need to wire them and add folding switch (and wire it).
2: They are same parts.

·
Registered
449 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
1: Yes, they will fit. If you want fold, you need to wire them and add folding switch (and wire it).
2: They are same parts.
Thank you. So, just to clarify, I can just plug it in and will get all the features except electric fold? That makes things easier.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Are you buying the mirrors since it's a different color? If not can you give me the link for the eBay listing. Thx

1 - 6 of 6 Posts