SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 20 of 70 Posts

·
Registered
1,817 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok so you guys know that in '04 the dash, center console, and rear console cover was changed from grey to black. I was thinking of doing this swap and I was looking at thesaabsite.com for the parts. They seem to have most everything listed. It won't be cheap though as I will need to change the dash, the related dash vents, center console, etc.

Aeropilot, will you (or someone with an '04+) post a pic of your dash and console so I can see what this looks like? :D I think the switchpack, coin holder, and rear vent will have to be changed as well. That stuff doesn't worry me but the dash itself does. Anybody got any experience with swapping a dash? Cheers.

·
Registered
1,817 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
Turkish Aerolines said:
They all look same to me.
First of all many thanks Turkish! :D
By this pic your dash and console is definitely black. Look at the difference in color between the stereo components and the top of the dash and console.

greenmatt said:
Could you not paint/dye the current one? I do agree the black looks better especially in contrast to the cream/tan.
Man I just thought about swapping it today actually, and yes it does look better with the tan interior. All the parts would be $$$$ it looks like. I could try to dye it but that might not turn out so good. :cry: I'm surprised no one has tried to do this already. Cheers.

·
Registered
480 Posts
I was thinking more along the lines of getting a professional auto trimmer to do it. Either that or has anyone ever done one in leather?

·
Registered
1,817 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
greenmatt said:
I was thinking more along the lines of getting a professional auto trimmer to do it. Either that or has anyone ever done one in leather?
Sadly, no leather for the 9-5, but ironically hirsch offers leather-convered door handles and a leather dash treatment for the 9-3SS :confused::

I ran some preliminary numbers, and although I couldn't find the black dash itself, I found most of the other pieces on thesaabsite.com:

95 04-05 Center Console Cover Black OES 5550926 53.35
95 04-05 Rear Vent Cover Black OES 5550959 50.44
95 04-07 Window Switch Pack Black OES 5547914 168.78
95 04-07 Air Vent Passenger Left of Passenger OES 5550488 90.21
95 04-07 Air Vent Passenger Right of Passenger OES 5550504 90.21
95 04-07 Air Vent Rear Rear Passengers OES 5550975 79.54
95 04-07 Loud Speaker Grill Driver Side Black OES 5550793 16.01
95 04-07 Loud Speaker Grill Center Black OES 5550819 11.74
95 04-07 Loud Speaker Grill Passenger Side Black OES 5550801 16.01

...which adds up to $576.29 - WITHOUT the dash :eek: - still need to source the coin holder and ignition cover (if they are black) as well. Of course these are new pieces and I may be able to find a breaker and get all the pieces for much cheaper. the dash I'm a little afraid of because of that passenger airbag deal. This may be more trouble than it's worth. Cheers.

·
Registered
1,774 Posts
there is a plastic and vinyl dye product, also duplicolor and others make a plastic interior trim paint line.

if you are worry about paint durability then the dye would be the way to go.

sounds like you'd spend 20 bucks or so doing it that way

·
Registered
399 Posts
j006 said:
Sadly, no leather for the 9-5, but ironically hirsch offers leather-convered door handles and a leather dash treatment for the 9-3SS :confused::
http://www.hirsch-performance.ch/getAttachment.aspx?attaName=1572ff9d-c990-471d-8167-7bef1591e076

I ran some preliminary numbers, and although I couldn't find the black dash itself, I found most of the other pieces on thesaabsite.com:

95 04-05 Center Console Cover Black OES 5550926 53.35
95 04-05 Rear Vent Cover Black OES 5550959 50.44
95 04-07 Window Switch Pack Black OES 5547914 168.78
95 04-07 Air Vent Passenger Left of Passenger OES 5550488 90.21
95 04-07 Air Vent Passenger Right of Passenger OES 5550504 90.21
95 04-07 Air Vent Rear Rear Passengers OES 5550975 79.54
95 04-07 Loud Speaker Grill Driver Side Black OES 5550793 16.01
95 04-07 Loud Speaker Grill Center Black OES 5550819 11.74
95 04-07 Loud Speaker Grill Passenger Side Black OES 5550801 16.01

...which adds up to $576.29 - WITHOUT the dash :eek: - still need to source the coin holder and ignition cover (if they are black) as well. Of course these are new pieces and I may be able to find a breaker and get all the pieces for much cheaper. the dash I'm a little afraid of because of that passenger airbag deal. This may be more trouble than it's worth. Cheers.
I thought State of 9 did it cheaper than that. I have a cracked wood near my shifter that I need replaced thats insane prices

·
Registered
4,845 Posts
Not worth it IMHO.

·
Registered
469 Posts
j006 said:
First of all many thanks Turkish! :D
By this pic your dash and console is definitely black. Look at the difference in color between the stereo components and the top of the dash and console.
I just thought you referred to the aluminum colored area. That is the part changed by most and I thought you were the first who wanted that part black. It is actually a fashion in new cars to have piano black interior parts so I wouldn't be suprised if anyone will do this from our group.

·
Registered
1,817 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
hambone575 said:
I thought State of 9 did it cheaper than that. I have a cracked wood near my shifter that I need replaced thats insane prices
nah I'm not talking about the wood insert pieces, but the grey plastic console and the dashboard itself...
SectorNine50 said:
Not worth it IMHO.
I'm starting to think that. :cry:

·
Registered
1,774 Posts
member here named JohnnyDel has a sweet piano black dash on his linear wagon (which he has done a great job making look like an aero)

search they may be some pics here. :cool:

·
Registered
1,817 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
abdukted1456 said:
member here named JohnnyDel has a sweet piano black dash on his linear wagon (which he has done a great job making look like an aero)

search they may be some pics here. :cool:
Man...I have had several exchanges with JohnnyDel in posts and thru PM and I never new his car was a Linear! His profile says Sport Combi so I assumed it was an Aero. Upon closer inspection of the interior, however, I see that he has does not have the Aero seats which is the dead giveaway. Cleverly done!

·
Registered
1,817 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Since you have a 2004 Aero wagon abdukted1456, so isn't YOUR dash and console black? :cheesy: If so am I correct in what I have listed below for your car?

all below are still grey NOT black:
Air vent grilles (on the aluminum face)
radio/ACC stack
headlight switch
storage cubby
cupholder

What colour are these? I can't tell in the pics?
coin holder
ignition switch cover

Cheers!

·
Registered
4,845 Posts
Gazolzwurf said:
isn't the ignition switch cover part of the centre console? :confused:

I've looked at several pics and it looks like the coin holder is grey.
This pic is the best one I could dig out (from Autotrader.co.uk )

PIC
Nope! If you rotate the ignition cover counter-clockwise (I think...) It should pop off.

·
Registered
4,845 Posts
Gazolzwurf said:
I meant won't it be supplied as part of the centre console
Oh... ;oops:

·
Registered
1,099 Posts
No need for ;oops:, my wording wasn't clear.

I'm hoping to be sitting in an all black interior by this time next year so this thread interests me. Not just the dash though, when I say all black I mean ALL BLACK. Fitting the carbon dash started me off and I'm so totally bored s**tless with this beige.

Yes, anyway, waffling ;oops:

1 - 20 of 70 Posts