SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK, finally getting back to the 2000 9-5 Wagon. I'm in the middle of a green roller replacement on the driver's door. There was a rubber piece laying in the bottom of the door but there is also a slotted smaller rubber piece still in place at the front of the inner door which appears to be for the front edge of the window. If I hook up the rollers with the window not in the front rubber guide it will jam about 3/4 of the way up. I am having a struggle to get the window in: a. rear roller and track, b. front roller and track, and c. front rubber guide. Then there is what to do with the extra rubber piece? Did it tear off the front rubber guide when the window fell out or what is going on?

Any help appreciated.

Mystified in Manassas

Brian Mee
2000 9-5 Wagon

·
Registered
7,199 Posts
Have you removed pins from cracked rollers and take roller out before you put new rollers in place?
Have you pushed ball joints to rollers and heard click TWICE?

·
Registered
2001 9-5 Aero wagon 5MT
20 Posts
From my experience replacing the rollers there is a rubber guide in front and back edges of the window. Last time I replaced my rollers I found the rear one just laying inside the door. I glued it back in place into and used some silicone lubricant in the channel where the window sits. There is a specific way to fit it, you fold the rubber piece in half longways, one edge of the rubber guide sticks out further then the other. It should be pretty easy to tell which way it goes in.

Like Mimmi said it’s super important to hear two clicks! Use a set of channel locks or pliers to squeeze the ball joint into the roller. It might feel like your going to break it but that second (louder) snap is crucial. Otherwise youll be lucky to get a day or two out of the new rollers. Getting both windows in the rubber guides without jamming it up or folding it over can be a struggle. I can remember it was a bit of a task for me. Use the camera on your smartphone to get a good view inside and make sure the glass is seated in the rubber all the way up.

·
Registered
3,868 Posts
For what it's worth, the rubber strip is there to stop the window from rattling when you close the door it doesn't effect the window operation at all and if you close the door gently you can do it rattle free.

For this reason I have never reinstalled the door slider rubber on a 9-5.

Lazy? Yes. Will it fall out again if I bother to fix it? Probably. 😁

·
Registered
9,749 Posts
That rubber piece constantly falls out unless you glue it in place. I found mine lying on the bottom of the door several times before I finally glued it in place with RTV sealant.

·
Registered
SAAB 95 2004 Linear Wagon
110 Posts
there is a good youtube instruction video on the Eeuroparts.com website on how to replace the window rollers on a saab 95, and it mentions the issue with the rubber strip falling down and how to fix it (i need to replace 2 rollers on one door this WE). i'll try and relocate the url link for the video on the WE to (i think it was in the "frequent saab 95 problems" list, where they list some tips on common errors and causes/fixes.

·
Registered
571 Posts
there is a good youtube instruction video on the Eeuroparts.com website on how to replace the window rollers on a saab 95, and it mentions the issue with the rubber strip falling down and how to fix it (i need to replace 2 rollers on one door this WE). i'll try and relocate the url link for the video on the WE to (i think it was in the "frequent saab 95 problems" list, where they list some tips on common errors and causes/fixes.
If you find that video IGNORE the part where it tells you to remove the clip from the green roller. Leave it in place and use small cannel locks and sqeezew until you hear 2 clicks.

Or do it the way they made up and swear and cuss for and hour!!!

·
Registered
9,749 Posts
That's just stupid to remove the clip from the roller. There's no reason at all to do that. They have another video about replacing the cabin filter, and they did something dumb in that one, too. I can't remember what, off the top of my head, but I want to say it has to do with the foam piece.

·
Registered
571 Posts
That's just stupid to remove the clip from the roller. There's no reason at all to do that. They have another video about replacing the cabin filter, and they did something dumb in that one, too. I can't remember what, off the top of my head, but I want to say it has to do with the foam piece.
Heh thanks for the backup .......I could never understand that video. Why not look in the WIS before you make a vdeo like that where THE key step is WRONG!!!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts