SaabCentral Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
what is the best way to replace the front emblem and how do you replace the cabin filter on the convertible

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
so i'm assuming by your vague responses that cabin filter replacement is identical on the 9-5 and 9-3, ?

·
Registered
34 Posts
kilo said:
But Id like to know how we replace the cabin filter (or even take it out for a cleaning) thnx
If it's anything like my '03 9-3 it's quite easy once you know how. You first have to remove the plastic fairing/cover above the firewall. It joins up the engine bay to the windshield basically. There are plastic push rivets that need to be removed for this. Using a small phillips screw driver push down on the center/inner circle of the rivet, once it drops just pull the rivet out. After removing all of them you have to pull the rubber piece of hood seal off the metal flange at the top of the firewall (just in front of the wipers). Now you should be able to lift the plastic cover out. Look in front of the passenger position for the cabin air filter. Tabs hold it in. It's fairly straight forward from there. I believe the new filters have an arrow to indicate the appropriate direction for airflow.
I hope this helps and isn't too confusing.
Good luck,
Mike
P.S. I just realized that you will likely have to remove the wiper arms to totally remove the cover. I had to change my wiper assembly which is why I had to get under the cover in the first place and decided to change the cabin filter at the same time. You may be able to lift the cover enough to access the filter without removing the wiper arms though. Sorry about that!

·
Registered
740 Posts
I hope it allows me to post links...

For cabin filter replacement, try this guy

Cabin filter

For the emblem I went with the guy in Greece. He makes excellent quality 3D emblem stickers. I put them on the peeled original emblems and you won't tell the difference :D Easier and cheaper...

3D emblem

Good luck :D

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.