SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
364 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OK, Just purchased 2 nice new belts for my pride and joy.

My question is, How easy is it to replace the two belts?
Will I need a special tensioners and whotnot?

Thanks in advance

·
Registered
1,171 Posts
Serpentine belt is easy job, iv done it a few times, you need to make a tool out of 2 screws and a metal bracket, here is the link from quasimotors very easy DIY Click me it will show you what you exactly need for the bracket,

Shouldnt take you more then 45 min. ooo and make sure u have either a impact wrench or a really long socket wrench, it will make things a whole lot easier

GL

Imran

·
Registered
364 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks 9-3Aero, I'll get a work buddy to make the tool 2morrow.

·
Registered
1,171 Posts
No problem, just remember the longer the socket wrench or break bar you have the easier your job will be, if worse comes to worse, get the spark plug removal tool and slide it on the end of your socket wrench just to give u that extra bit of leverage

good luck,

Imran

·
Registered
987 Posts
Unless I am mistaken, the bolt that holds the pulley on the tensioner for the main drive belt is reverse threaded. I know it is on the facelift 9000's w/ 2.3L engine.

·
Registered
1,171 Posts
oh yhea, i forgot to mention that, good thing u jumped in thirsty, that would be really bad if you force it the wrong way, oo and while your there you should also change the tensioner pulley as well and inspect the other ones to make sure their all turning smoothly, the last thing you would want is to install the new belt and have a pulley seize up causing your brand new belt to rip into pieces

Imran

·
Registered
'02 9-5 Aero Wagon, '88 SPG, '02 Viggen Vert, '01 Viggen 4dr, +Triumphs & MGs
1,748 Posts
No idea - was looking at my bookmark for his site - did not come up today, got one of those internet pages about debt consolidation (aka bs page showing the site is not there or he did not renew URL).....wanted to help a buddy out with his 9000......

Maybe should update or something the site reference help guides page.....not sure....but then again you are a moderator ;) - I hate for reference sources to not be available to all.

The full Quasi site (missing some pics) seems to be here.. http://jope.fi/saab/www.quasimotors.com/ - gotta love the Finns :D Yay Finland!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts