SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can someone tell me what size speakers go in door and more importantly how to get door panel off.
Thanks for the help folks

·
Registered
994 Posts
not trying to be smart in any way, but go check out crutchfield. put the car's info in, and they should tell you what all's needed, including any adapters.

·
Super Moderator
1,425 Posts
not trying to be smart in any way, but go check out crutchfield. put the car's info in, and they should tell you what all's needed, including any adapters.
I would file that under “no chance in hell”... Crutchfield doesn’t even have info on the NG 9-5, never mind the even rarer 9-4X...

·
Registered
497 Posts
So, not sure if you're aware, but the 9-4X is essentially a 2011 Cadillac SRX. For shiggles I popped that in on Crutchfield, and the results are not sufficiently refined. They make recommendations, but some of them are not correct. I also don't think Crutchfield even makes recommendations for the '03-'11 9-3 which correct me if I'm wrong, is probably the most common model Saab ever produced.

As a 9-4X owner (Bose system), who's had the door panel off, I can confirm that the front door speakers are 6.5" round, 2ohm speakers.

Getting the door panel off is pretty easy. The trim piece around the LED on the handle pops out, be gentle it has a bunch of spring clips in the back, and it's probably 2' long if you count the whole curved shape (this is the scary part). That I think gives you access to a couple screws, and there may be one screw hidden in the latch handle under a cover as well.

·
Registered
994 Posts
I would file that under “no chance in hell”... Crutchfield doesn’t even have info on the NG 9-5, never mind the even rarer 9-4X...
well that's a shame. i was hoping they would have the speaker info for the 9-4 listed with thte srx, but that was shot down above as well. hmm.

wish you luck!

·
Registered
14 Posts
SRX sound system is 100% the same as the 9-4X. IMHO, not much benefit to upgrading the speakers without a better head unit though. I've seen some videos of the RoadNav S100/S150/S160 in the 9-5 NG, which might be doable for us, but don't know how it was done. More importantly, don't know if it sounds any better ;)

·
Registered
497 Posts
IMHO, not much benefit to upgrading the speakers without a better head unit though. I've seen some videos of the RoadNav S100/S150/S160 in the 9-5 NG, which might be doable for us, but don't know how it was done. More importantly, don't know if it sounds any better ;)
I think you're probably wrong here actually. Even though it says BOSE, most of the speakers in these cars seem to be paper cones. There is a lot of room for improvement on the speaker end, and I expect you could get a pretty nice improvement in sound quality.

I'm not disagreeing that a better HU would also help, but it's not the only variable in the equation here.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts