SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So today I had my DIC ( Direct ignition casette) replaced in my 2001 saab 9-5 2.3l. It drove home fine but upon starting it up two hours later it started idling really weird and the whole engine started shaking pretty bad. What has happend? :cry: Before all this I changed the spark plugs, the Mass air flow sensor, im just at wits end.

·
Registered
3,951 Posts
What kind of DIC did you use (oem aftermarket)? Which plugs did you use? And did you install the MAF in the right direction?

So today I had my DIC ( Direct ignition casette) replaced in my 2001 saab 9-5 2.3l. It drove home fine but upon starting it up two hours later it started idling really weird and the whole engine started shaking pretty bad. What has happend? :cry: Before all this I changed the spark plugs, the Mass air flow sensor, im just at wits end.

·
Registered
290 Posts
You may also want to check if there are cracks in the ceramic part of spark plug. I overtorqued and cracked one of the spark plugs once and the car ran horribly until I put on a new one with correct torque spec.

·
Registered
132 Posts
I'd also put the old DIC back on just to see if the new one is faulty. You should keep the old one for a spare anyway.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I don't know what they put in it for spark plugs and what not, ive been bringing it to a local mechanic and just been researching what could be wrong. Im hoping it was just a faulty one.

·
Registered
3,951 Posts
Anything other than NGK spark plugs; will have your Saab running like $h!T ask them what they used.

I don't know what they put in it for spark plugs and what not, ive been bringing it to a local mechanic and just been researching what could be wrong. Im hoping it was just a faulty one.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts