SaabCentral Forums banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

· Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I checked the forums for this but found nothing...well nothing that I could understand. I dont know much about headlights.

I have the auto adjusting xenon headlights but one of them seems to be more yellow than the other. I went to a performance parts place and they sold me some H712V55W halogen bulbs. Is this the bulb I need to keep my headlights that nice white colour? Seemed like the guy didn't really know what he was talking about, thats why I ask. Also, can I put a more blue light in there? If so what type of bulb should I ask for?

thanks

· Registered
12,513 Posts
If you have Xenons you have D2S bulbs, H7's are Halogen and are used in the Highs.

I'm personally not a fan of blue headlights, but if you must just go up over 6000Kelvin on the color temperature of the Xenon's

· Registered
12,513 Posts
Yes Look on Ebay, you'll save a lot of money. I don't know how "blue" you want to go...but the bluer you go the less light output=visibility.

One of the Blueboys will chime in with some recommendations I'm sure;)

· Registered
1,305 Posts
Stick with the 4300-5000k rating, they will look "blue/purple" from a distance naturally, but look bright white up close.

And as far as Xenon searches, there are a ton of hits on this forum. Look up "D2S" or "pinkish xenon" in the search and you will be able read more on the color temp.

· Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
so these ones will work?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/_Car-Truck-Parts-Accessories__NEW-5000K-HID-Xenon-Kit-Bulbs-2-Bulbs-OEM-D2R-or-D2S_W0QQitemZ260298728347QQadnZCarQ20Q26Q20TruckQ20PartsQ20Q26Q20AccessoriesQQadiZ2865QQcmdZViewItem?hash=item260298728347&_trkparms=72%3A543|39%3A1|65%3A12|240%3A1318&_trksid=p4506.c0.m245

· Registered
54 Posts
I have replaced my xenon bulbs with philips brand bulb, to me it produces a much brighter beam. They were $200, if you are willing to spend that much I suggest going with those.

· Registered
54 Posts
Always keep in mind, "not all things are created equal". A higher quality "name brand" is going to have a better life, and the support behind the bulb to back it up if anything were to go wrong. Don't be fooled by "knock off" or "disposable" bulbs. Do what you wish, but beware. Of course they could always work fine and you could save a ton of money as well =).

Have fun deciding!

· Registered
208 Posts
I purchased some lights off Ebay, D1S xenon bulbs, for my 9-5 and it has been three months and one already burnt out. It is such a pain in the neck to get your money back too. Dont go cheap.
Considering ebay is nowadays flooded with D2S bulbs of questionable brand/quality, I would suggest looking for Philips 85122 (4300K color temp) which is what I put in 2 years ago myself. They are a direct cross for the OEM Osram Xenarc bulbs. They've been great, no complaints. Looks like you can get them on ebay for as low as $60 -$70 a pair.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.