SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
329 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
recently my brother stuck his finger through this hole on the ceiling of car. its to the left of the dome light switch. i don't know what it is, maybe a climate control sensor? but its basically a hole, with little plastic opposing teeth covering it... well, half the teeth are snapped, its an eye sore... can this part be replaced, i don't even know what its called, or how to remove it!

·
Registered
176 Posts
If you are speaking of the front dome light it's the mic area for the handsfree phone set-up. If it is the rear dome light then it's the glass break sensor. Either way mine are cracked and I have no idea where to get another on except from a junk yard.

·
Registered
86 Posts
My dad was in my car maybe a week after I got it and he presses that thing wondering what it was and cracked it. :lol:

Your best bet would be to try a Saab dealership

·
Registered
2,584 Posts
Fox900 said:
If you are speaking of the front dome light it's the mic area for the handsfree phone set-up.
In the 9-3 they got rid of the glass breaking sensor for the alarm system and replaced it with a handsfree phone mic? Actually, does it have a button next to it still in the 9-3?

·
Registered
176 Posts
Slaab4life said:
In the 9-3 they got rid of the glass breaking sensor for the alarm system and replaced it with a handsfree phone mic? Actually, does it have a button next to it still in the 9-3?
No, the glass break sensor is with the rear set of lights and the mic housing is with the front set of lights. There are switches next to both

1 - 5 of 5 Posts