SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, if you hadn't guessed I have a 1999 9-3 Tids and about an hour ago a passing car clipped my drivers wing mirror and smashed the glass.

Does anyone know where I can get the best price for a replacement mirror (with heating element etc.), preferably UK based first, then spreading out?

·
Registered
2,869 Posts
That happened to me this winter. Wouldnt you just go through your insurance and pay the deductable? The $400 dollar job cost me a $50 deductable. Unless things are different in the UK and you dont have vandalism/accident coverage.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
$400 !!!!

Was that for the whole unit? The prices I've seen for mirrors only (with elements) is about £65 and that still seems a bit steep! Thanks anyway.

·
Registered
1,608 Posts
Unless things are different in the UK and you dont have vandalism/accident coverage.
  1. If you have TPFT cover, then everything is covered apart from your vehicle.
  2. If you have comprehensive, everything is covered, including your vehicle. But there is a small XS to agree to pay should an incident arise. The bigger the XS, the lower your initial premium. XS's of paying the first £250 are quite common, for example. Over and above this figure, you could try to claim, but your premium would increase the next time you renew, because you would lose part/all of your no claims bonus. (A good no claims records of 5 years or more can save you up to 70% on their premium.)
Obviously, then, in small incidents such as the above, it is cheaper and more sensible to dig into your own pocket.

HTH

·
Registered
2,869 Posts
9993tids said:
$400 !!!!

Was that for the whole unit? The prices I've seen for mirrors only (with elements) is about £65 and that still seems a bit steep! Thanks anyway.

Yeah the whole unit I believe was a bit over $300, then with labor tacked on.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts