SaabCentral Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
596 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I wanted to go with Optima, but it seems they only make it for the 9-2 and 9-7 models.

I am not to big on house brands from the parts stores.

Got any good suggestions for a replacement battery?

·
Registered
1,486 Posts
I haven't had to replace my battery yet, but Costco/Kirkland batteries (if you have a membership) are highly rated and have a great warranty. I've used Kirkland batteries in my other cars and had no complaints. They were one of the cheapest around too.
Remember, there are only three major battery manufacturers anymore- Delphi, Exide, and Johnson Controls. Last I knew, JC made Kirkland along with Diehard and others.

·
Registered
12,509 Posts
East Penn or Johnson controls are the Major Manufacturers

Sears Diehard International, Gp 48, made by Johnson Controls or

Deka, Gp 48, made by East Penn (excellent but hard to find)

You can get cheaper...with less of a warranty at several places as you'll see.

Note: Johnson Controls manufactures batteries for
EXIDE,Pep Boys, AutoZone, Interstate Battery, Sears, Wal-Mart and CostCo under the brand names DieHard, Duralast, Energizer, Equalizer, Eveready, Everstart,
Interstate, Kirkland Signature, Motorcraft, Optima and ProStart

Not all batteries are created equal, paying less/more for a battery brand manufactured by one company does not mean it's the same battery as a higher/lower priced one with a different brand. Do some research, CCA's ?, exact size? , warranty replacement/prorate period? etc.

·
Registered
1,510 Posts
Advance Auto Parts Duralast Titanium works well for me. Group 48/91.

·
Registered
1,687 Posts
I wanted to go with Optima, but it seems they only make it for the 9-2 and 9-7 models.

I am not to big on house brands from the parts stores.

Got any good suggestions for a replacement battery?
Yeah Optima doesn't make a battery for the 9-3 unfortunately. Maybe one day then will ha. I'm in contact with Optima trying to see about development of a battery for our car. We'll see what happens.

·
Registered
12,509 Posts
+

Any 48 will work..... the question is Value. You can pay 60-75 bucks and get a 1 yr full replacement and 36 pro rate or 100+ with a two year full replacement and 72 month pro rate.

Are you keeping the car for the long run or beating it.

·
Registered
596 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Any 48 will work..... the question is Value. You can pay 60-75 bucks and get a 1 yr full replacement and 36 pro rate or 100+ with a two year full replacement and 72 month pro rate.

Are you keeping the car for the long run or beating it.
Keeping the car for the long run, I really do love this car.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts