SaabCentral Forums banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have the typical peeling badge and I figured before I replaced it with an OEM I'd look into some badge alternatives.

Does anyone have any thoughts or knowledge on some different options? I've searched high and low online and can't seem to find much.

·
Registered
22,211 Posts

·
Registered
740 Posts
Try this guy in Greece. I got 2 3D decals from him for fron and back after mine peeled off. These are very good 3D stickers, but NOT the OEM replacement badges. Nevertheless, on my car you wouldn't even see the difference.

They also do custom decals if you want, so like Chris suggested you could have anything you want. I went with classic saab...

3D decals

·
Registered
27 Posts
I bought some of the "3-D" decals, from Greece, that Walmark spoke of
they are very nice!!! perfect size for the hood and thunk emblems
they have the pre-2001 "Saab Scania" and the newer with just Saab and the red creature... you will see on their website, I think they look as good or better than the new originals:D

·
Registered
27 Posts
Yes they are aprox. .050 thick and I woukld say are a bit "soft" they have a slightly glossier look than the stock emblem, like having a very thick coat of clear over a normal decal:)

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I really like the looks of the decals that Chris posted. I'm going to have to look into the custom decals from Greece. It sounds like a nice option with some happy customers.

·
Registered
122 Posts
walmark said:
Try this guy in Greece. I got 2 3D decals from him for fron and back after mine peeled off. These are very good 3D stickers, but NOT the OEM replacement badges. Nevertheless, on my car you wouldn't even see the difference.

They also do custom decals if you want, so like Chris suggested you could have anything you want. I went with classic saab...

3D decals
I ordered a few of them on Friday, just for fun. I wanted to see what they are like. I ordered the large one for the hood and two of the smaller ones for decoration. Will let you all know what they are like.

·
Registered
348 Posts
3-D stickers are great.

I highly recommend the Greek 3-D stickers. I replaced the original in the front, and it's been great. Salt, snow, ice, extreme cold, numerous car washes, it's good as new.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Replacement Badge

I ordered mine here in the US off of that popular auction site :D for only $8.00 plus a little shipping. You can order 2 1/4" or 2 1/2" which fit mine perfect and they look great:cool: !

·
Registered
30 Posts
I have the peeling badge as well, but this looks like better alternative to paying $60 for the OEM badges (that will just peel again in a few years).

Are you guys just applying them on top of the existing badges?

·
Registered
2,846 Posts
dclee said:
I have the peeling badge as well, but this looks like better alternative to paying $60 for the OEM badges (that will just peel again in a few years).

Are you guys just applying them on top of the existing badges?
When I did mine - I went after the left overs that hadn't flaked off with a razor blade and a screw driver. This was only to ensure that the new sticker wouldn't prematurly release. I did leave the large chrome mount in place. I believe that gets replaced with an OEM badge.

·
Registered
122 Posts
I got my decals the other day, and I have to say they are really nice. I will be using them to accent the interior, and some other items I want to display my Saab pride!

·
Registered
7,035 Posts
ooooo

Saw this thread and ordered me some Greek ones for the 9-5 and the 900.

·
Registered
83 Posts
what is the size difference between the front badge and the rear badge?
1996 900s conv.- I know, wrong forum.. But you guys have the stickers from Greece!

1 - 20 of 21 Posts