SaabCentral Forums banner

Replacement Auto Dimming Door Mirror?

193 Views 6 Replies 4 Participants Last post by  rich1068
Hello

I have a 2007 9-3 1.8t with auto dimming door mirrors. The drivers side (UK - Right Side) wingmirror has failed and is now mostly dark and pretty unusable (although it did pass its MOT).

I can only find standard heated replacements but cant find any auto dimming ones.

Any one have any idea if these are still available and if so where?

Thanks

Paul
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

· Registered
15,472 Posts
Hi and welcome.
Wide angle RH mirror glass to RHD car is superseded to 2010-2014 version which is taller. You need mirror glass, frame and cover. ORIO has this package in stock in Nyköping, Sweden.
If this is OK and you can not find elsewhere, I can order and send mirror set to you. Remember that I am in Finland.

ORIO has flat dimming mirror glass in stock, this do not need anything else to work.

Reactions: Paul44

· Registered
798 Posts
I have a 2007 9-3 1.8t with auto dimming door mirrors. The drivers side (UK - Right Side) wing mirror has failed and is now mostly dark and pretty unusable (although it did pass its MOT).
Had the same and much as it pained me I went for standard heated replacement glass from Orio due to the cost of auto dimming. Hate it when I have to make do with something non-spec.

Wide angle RH mirror glass to RHD car is superseded to 2010-2014 version which is taller. You need mirror glass, frame and cover. ORIO has this package in stock in Nyköping, Sweden.
Interesting. I wondered why they were offering that.

· Registered
1,057 Posts
In 2010 the law changed regarding the size of wing mirrors in the EU. Nonsense, really.

Someone broke my offside mirror glass years ago and I replaced it with one from eBay that cost about 10€. Clearly not an OEM quality item but acceptable enough for the price and it even has the heating element which works fine.

· Registered
2007 9-3 1.8t
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for replies everyone and in particular Mimmi.

Managed to find one searching for ORIO but like Rich might have to opt for standard heated glass. Not sure can justify cost - could replace both sides 3 times over with standard ones for cost of just 1 auto dimming mirror!

· Registered
798 Posts
Thanks for replies everyone and in particular Mimmi.

Managed to find one searching for ORIO but like Rich might have to opt for standard heated glass. Not sure can justify cost - could replace both sides 3 times over with standard ones for cost of just 1 auto dimming mirror!
It's a shame when they go dark. I've had this on various non-Saabs too. Direct from Orio a standard wide angle r/h heated mirror cost me about £40 including delivery back in September. I've also had them from the excellent Ken at APL Saab for a couple of quid cheaper and faster delivery.

Word of warning, if you do start fiddling with the mirror before you're ready to replace it's quite likely the glass will just come away from its backing and fall off. It's a thing.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts