SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
17,659 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Wondering if anyone has replaced their ACC cable. The kits come with a new screen, cable attached, and you have to solder the other end to the board.

It looks significant;y easier than a SID since the SID cable is 4" wide with a slew of connecitons and the ACC is 1.25" wide with a fraction of that. But, while I'm good at soldering, I don't know how precise I am :)

(FWIW, my samples are beyond the "stick" a foam strip on top, etc, and in one case completely separated, so I'm not looking for alternatives to cable replacement one way or another).

Experience?

·
Registered
387 Posts
Wondering if anyone has replaced their ACC cable. The kits come with a new screen, cable attached, and you have to solder the other end to the board.

It looks significant;y easier than a SID since the SID cable is 4" wide with a slew of connecitons and the ACC is 1.25" wide with a fraction of that. But, while I'm good at soldering, I don't know how precise I am :)

(FWIW, my samples are beyond the "stick" a foam strip on top, etc, and in one case completely separated, so I'm not looking for alternatives to cable replacement one way or another).

Experience?
One thing that might help your soldering accuracy and precision is file (or grind) the solder gun tip to a very fine point when working with super precise things. If you have a jig for grinding thats even better but I did mine by hand. I had to do that for the bluetooth build Im installing in my 9-5. Unfortunately (or fortunately depending on how one looks at things) I don't have experience with the cable. Good luck :D

One of these thingys sometimes helps too:

·
Registered
17,659 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks... I have one of those, not sure where I put it though. Might be in long term storage. Have to look.

·
Registered
116 Posts
I don't even know what a 'ACC cable' is, but having yesterday replaced my SID ribbon cable, I can tell you it's a tricky job!!
But nice now to be able to actually see my radio frequency so I can tune it in.
(I'm still not 100% sure I have the silver/black card piece the right way up).

·
Registered
17,659 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
ACC = Automatic Climate Control. It only has about 20 pins, give or take... so I'm hoping it's easier than that many pin SID cable.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts