SaabCentral Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OK, the transmission in my '03 9-3 ARC is gone. Dreaded coolant in the trans., even after the o-rings were replaced.

Looking for a replacement from a salvage yard in my area. When I search for a 2003 high pressure unit (B207R) I find none in the area. However, when I search for a 2004 high pressure unit (B207R) I find quite a few. Was there a difference between the two years that would prohibit me from replacing mine with a 2004 model transmission?

Thanks,

Rick

·
Super Moderator
9,447 Posts
from the info i've here.. trans is an FA57...code is on a plate attached to the top of trans casing...

thats what you need to look for..

·
Registered
12,509 Posts
There's one a www.goldwingsaab.com it was going to be 950 shipped.

I have an 03, as we speak Saab is giving me a new transmission..... you might want to give Saab USA a call and ask for support, I think it's 1 800 455 9007.. How many Miles?

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Did they give you a lot of problems at the dealer for it? Mine has almost 78,000 miles on it. I was going to take it to the dealer, but am concerned about dumping money into a dealer to diagnose it with very little possibility of it being replaced.

I also already flushed it myself, and installed an aftermarket transmission cooler.

Rick

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
from the info i've here.. trans is an FA57...code is on a plate attached to the top of trans casing...

thats what you need to look for..
Thank you for the info. that will come in handy when I go to inspect the transmission.

What I need to know now, for my search, is whether or not a 2004 or 2005 transmission will swap into mine with no issues.

Rick

·
Registered
12,509 Posts
Did they give you a lot of problems at the dealer for it? Mine has almost 78,000 miles on it. I was going to take it to the dealer, but am concerned about dumping money into a dealer to diagnose it with very little possibility of it being replaced.

Rick
The Dealer I went to informed me I needed a new Transmission, I told them I did not want it done and to hold off. That afternoon I called Saab USA, explained my case.... (see this thread http://www.saabcentral.com/forums/showthread.php?t=180471&highlight=code+meaning Post 19 & 24.) and the next morning I was informed I was getting a Trans.

Edit: I was a CPO, 105K miles

1 - 8 of 8 Posts