SaabCentral Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
225 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My 2 fog lights on my 2001 95 are toast - smashed lenses and broken housings and are just flopping around. Can I just splice in the 2 leads of the off-the-shelf cheap aftermarket lamps into the fog light wiring until I can find and afford used OEM's? The bulbs in the aftermarkets are small halogen bulbs.

Advice appreciated.

·
Banned
1,042 Posts
My car had the fogs removed when I got. I was thinking the same as far as cost to replace versus a better aftermarket alternative.

I bought a set of OE and replaced the lenses with plexiglass and put a layer of yellow tint to protect the plastic. They are as bright or brighter than Ultra Night vision headlights. A good quality zip-tie will hold them in place.

·
Registered
867 Posts
Try LEDs they look nicer than the OEM

·
Registered
87 Posts

·
Registered
7,988 Posts
I've successfully (on both cars) replaced the lenses. so if the fogs aren't too bad from corrosion and/or broken tabs that's a route you can take.

Go to ebay, find the fogs for sale. contact the member and ask them if they have any with good lenses and all of the tabs broken, ,trust me they will. Actually last time I bought some I bought an extra set as well. I have two near perfect lenses in a drawer waiting for another rock strike.

BTW, the lenses from any year/model will work. The fogs sometimes have the cornering lights in them as well, but the lens is the same.

Buy one of each side, use a heat gun to soften up the glue, and carefully peel out the lenses. Then peel out the lenses on yours, clean up the groove, a bead of RTV and then stick the lens in.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.