SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A little about myself I just bought a Saab 9-5 SE Turbo V6 this is my first car I got it for $2,000 with the help of my parents. I really love my New(used) Saab. And my brother recommended this forum for questions I may have. And for tutorials on projects I may want to do.

But my question is that my (SID) says I need to "Replace Key Battery" and I've searched the forum but I couldn't find anything. I see similar looking keys but mines doesn't have a Hole insert or anything that I can see to open it. Think anyone can help me or guide me in the right direction? That's the key below (its a bit dirty). :eek:

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks for the replies, I just happened to have a CR2032 battery on hand. I changed it out and its working fine. Also the message isn't appearing anymore so problem solved!

·
Registered
13 Posts
Make sure you have a battery on hand..

In case anyone doesn't know, if you take out the battery for to long it will erase the programming in the fob and you'll have to get it redone. So order it first then take it out when you have it there. So glad I saw that before I tried to take mine out..

·
Registered
739 Posts
Just to let other folks know if you have the other style key with the fob built into it it used a 1632 size watch battery.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts