SaabCentral Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have 2003 9-3 with bi-xenon hids, the headlight control unit on the right side has gone bad and a search on Google shows that the part is around 80-120usd used. Does anyone know if I can just use one of the aftermarket hid conversion kits, they seem to run around 80 for both headlights new. Thanks !

·
Registered
5,473 Posts
I assume you are looking at the ballast that mounts to underside of headlamp assembly.

This:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Xenon-HID-Ballast-OEM-Germany-For-Hella-5DV-008-290-00-Headlight-Unit-Igniter-/281295665823?fits=Make%3ASaab&hash=item417e873a9f&vxp=mtr

This seems like a good deal on a "new" one. Cannot vouch for seller though having never purchased.

Hunt around on ebay for "5DV 008 290" there seem to be a few used ones for around $40.

Retrofitting a factory xenon projector with an aftermarket ballast is not as easy as it would seem. Nor is using a factory ballast with an aftermarket projector.

Just replace the ballast and be done.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.