SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My 1999 Saab 9-3 SE had an intermittent problem with the white, inner lamp in the passenger corner light assembly. (I'm not sure what this light is called - it is white, not amber and in the inner most of the two in the fender mounted light).

The socket seems fine, but the wire broke from the bullet connector in the plug.

Ideally, I'd find a replacement plug, but I don't know what to call it nor have I been able to stumble on it in any searching. Saabpartsusa.com indicated that it was part of a wiring harness that is no longer available.

It seems like I could just put a new crimped bullet connection on the wire and reassemble - my only hesitation is that the clear insulation around those connectors seems fragile and possible subjected to significant heat. That seems a little unusual to me since the bulb is only 8 watts I think (1157 bulb type).

Would it be dangerous to simply replace the bullet crimp connector?

·
Registered
614 Posts
You mean the light that comes on when you reverse, correct?

Mine was broken too (also on the passenger side) so I just cut out those silly rubber connectors or whatever and attached them to some butt connectors. Looks like these:

https://www.amazon.com/Connector-Shrink-Electrical-Automotive-Connectors/dp/B01IQJ1R5I

Those fit right over the bulb housing terminals, the male bullet connectors. Ez-pz. You can also just find another connector in a junkyard, but after I was done adding some electric tape and heat shrink it seemed way more protected than what was in there before

1 - 3 of 3 Posts