SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just re-installed my BBA repaired ABS module last night in my 2000 9-5 2.3lpt, and while the CEL doesn't light, and I now have a speedometer, the other warning lights are still on (ABS, Brake, TCS Off ect.). BBA said they were able to repair my module, so I didn't think I would need to "marry" the module to the car, so I was wondering if it take time for the other warning lights to go away, or if I could still have a problem. I have only driven about 20 miles since installation. I have an appointment with my indie for brakes tomorrow morning, so if there is something I can have him check, I would like to have it done. If there is no CEL, but warning lights, would the TechII still be any help?

Thank you,
Ken

·
Registered
11,030 Posts
If you have warning lights on the dash then Tech 2 will give a fault diagnosis, hopefully its just a case of clearing the old fault codes/lights generated by the faulty unit.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Update-Fixed

Turns out that because I busted off the retaining clip on the wires that go from the ABS module to the pump, the connector had fallen off. Once I reconnected the wires, ran the car for a few minutes, all the warning lights dissapeared and the new module is working perfectly.

Thanks,
Ken

1 - 3 of 3 Posts