SaabCentral Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
21,583 Posts
Check the "sticky" FAQ which the Man from Cleveland has been kind enough to set up..IMO, the Haynes 900ng manual should suffice for the old generation 9-3..

I have ordered a Haynes directly from Haynes ( it was on sale !) $34.22 or so depending on the exchange rate..
Hopefully it will arrive a little after Mother's Day but before Christmas ...

·
Registered
1,568 Posts
earthworm said:
Check the "sticky" FAQ which the Man from Cleveland has been kind enough to set up..IMO, the Haynes 900ng manual should suffice for the old generation 9-3..

I have ordered a Haynes directly from Haynes ( it was on sale !) $34.22 or so depending on the exchange rate..
Hopefully it will arrive a little after Mother's Day but before Christmas ...
I would have sent you mine for free :cheesy:

I guess the problem is I ordered the haynes manual well after I got aquainted here and became acustomed to the great advice and helpful faq's. Compared to the knowledge here, and scattered across various other sites, the haynes manual is practically useless. The explanations are often very confusing, and the pictures are very small. I was expecting diagrams of how things go together and such.

I may have a different opinion if I was a more experienced in working on cars, and could understand some of the more difficult procedures by reading the haynes explanation and could make sense of the small pictures, but I cannot, so I end up coming on SC and asking instead. Basically the easy stuff in the manual is much easier to just find here, and the more difficult task are much better detailed here as well.

·
Registered
4,293 Posts
Rookie said:
You seasoned pros may laugh at this question, but does anyone have any experience with these CD ROM based Repair Manuals you can get on eBay? The guy has great feedback and it seems like a good idea...
No harm in trying it for the price, if it helps you with one or two repairs, it will pay for itself. As far as I know, the most common options are the Saab WIS CD, the Haynes manual, alldata.com, and for part numbers and diagrams, the Saab EPC CD (electronic parts catalog).

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.