SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Renew XM for $77 a Year

Hey guys and gals. the below link is to the Acurazine website which gives you instructions on how to renew you're XM for half the price. I used to have a TL and i was able to do it on that and also 2 other radios which were not connected to a Acura. My Saab subscription will be expiring in 3 weeks and i plan on using it on that.

It definitely does work but please make sure that you follow the script and PLEASE do not tell the person you speak to that you got this from a forum.

http://tl.acurazine.com/forums/showthread.php?t=158726&highlight=discount

Good luck and hope this helps you guys save a few $$

EDIT: i just noticed that i put in $77 a month... ofcourse i meant $77 a year. comes to $80+ after taxes and stuff

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Krieg said:
This works for new subscriptions too. I got this for my new subscription a couple of months ago.
You are right... i did this when my 3 month trial was over for my TL... going to do it with my 9-3 as well.

·
Registered
980 Posts
I know it's off topic, but while i was at that Acura forum, I poked around in the forum "Problems & Fixes" for the 2004+ TL's. I must admit it felt kind of nice to read about all the clunks, rattles, valve chatter, and other issues in the posts:cheesy:

I half-heartedly looked at the TL's before deciding to get a 9-3 as I did like the styling. The interior is top notch. What kept me from seriously considering one was my last Acura; it turned into a rustbucket way too soon.

·
Registered
5,873 Posts
cadcamjim said:
I know it's off topic, but while i was at that Acura forum, I poked around in the forum "Problems & Fixes" for the 2004+ TL's. I must admit it felt kind of nice to read about all the clunks, rattles, valve chatter, and other issues in the posts:cheesy:

I half-heartedly looked at the TL's before deciding to get a 9-3 as I did like the styling. The interior is top notch. What kept me from seriously considering one was my last Acura; it turned into a rustbucket way too soon.
Yeah off topic but good point on the TL forum--I agree.

My family also had an Acura in a similar situation. Actually one the first, an 87' Integra Special Edition bought new when it hard to even find an Acura dealer. Great car however the elements really got to it during Michigan winters. Dad drove it until about 4 years ago when the second suspension part "broke" or should I say "rusted out". I convinced him it was time to part with her. Engine and tranny were fine but the body and underneath were pretty bad:p

·
Registered
121 Posts
Rattles and clunks you say

Nothing I have ever experienced rattles and clunks quite like my SAAB.
cadcamjim said:

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I had a 2005 TL... and yes the interior is awesome... the steroe in that car is one of the best in the market with surround sound and the ability to play DVD/DTS audio BUT to me the interior rattles were unbarable. after about 3 months my dash started warping to the point where the pass. side airbag was visible the same for the air bag on the steering... as for the rattles... it felt like i was driving a piggy bank on wheels. the sunroof. the interior trim, the windows the dash. everything rattled!!! my car was at the dealership more than i was driving and even they could not fix it... so i just ended up trading it away.

I do however have to say that the service at the dealership i went to (Open Road Acura, in Wayne, NJ)was by far the best i have experianced in my life... The TL is built in Ohio unlike the RL which is built in Japan and does not have any of the issues as the TL. So most people in the forum was pointing to the quality of assembley. who know... all i can say is i'm happy as a clam with my new 9-3. plus i saved a bunch of money on my car insurance by switching to Saab.!!

·
Registered
2,740 Posts
I take it this only works for in dash XM? I have a roady in my wifes car and I just canceled my subscription.. I can cancel hers and say it wasnt worth it, wait a couple of weeks... wonder if they would allow this on a roady...

no worries, not going to try and mess anything up before someone can confirm that for me.

VERY COOL and thanks for sharing!

·
Registered
402 Posts
Swedish Bullet;

I told my dealer that I wasn't interested in subscribing to XM after the 3 month free period was up as it wasn't worth it for the approx $15 plus taxes per month. A week later I was contacted by XM and offered a year at $5 a month.(Which I accepted,by the way);)

·
Registered
569 Posts
Well done Hugh! $5... now we're talking! How long between cancelling it and getting a call from them?

Companies that have different prices depending on how desprate they think you are do not seem to take the internet into account when they develop their strategies... This is the kind of thing that destroys goodwill towards brands, as well as any sense of customer loyalty they might have hoped to create...

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Actually it does work... I had a Roady which i cancelled and then a few months ago i gave it to my priest. I called then and and pretended i got that letter in the mail and they did it for me.. i had to call 2 times though.. I think it depends on who you talk to and what their mood is. So yes, it will work on a Roady.

CallipNCSUsaab said:
I take it this only works for in dash XM? I have a roady in my wifes car and I just canceled my subscription.. I can cancel hers and say it wasnt worth it, wait a couple of weeks... wonder if they would allow this on a roady...

no worries, not going to try and mess anything up before someone can confirm that for me.

VERY COOL and thanks for sharing!

·
Registered
402 Posts
Swedish Bullet;

Technically,I did not cancel.During the delivery process when I was being told how to activate the XM for the free 3 month trial period,I asked how much it would it would be after the free period.When I was told,I said I thought the price was unreasonable and would not be signing on after the 3 months.

XM obviously got the message from the dealer.;)

·
Registered
17 Posts
New XM Subscriptions can use this also

Yes, still works! My trial subscription has not ended and I called saying I wanted to continue at the promotional rate of $77/yr and they just asked is that the rate you would like? I got the sense I could have gone lower, but I said yes they verified my information and that was it. Very cool :)

1 - 16 of 16 Posts