SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2,563 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Did the rear diffuser and trim black parts on my 2008 SC last weekend. Awesome results from Forever Black compared to Back to Black.

Want to do the windshield cowl plate next.I assume that rather than do it in place I should remove it and treat it off the car.

How does one remove the windshield wiper arms which looks necessary to remove the cowl? Set screw? Pry up?

·
Super Moderator
19,150 Posts
Pretty sure you need a 3 prong puller. If that slipped...... crack!

I'd leave it on the car and go around the arms.

·
Registered
2,563 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Pretty sure you need a 3 prong puller. If that slipped...... crack!

I'd leave it on the car and go around the arms.

Thanks, just the advice I needed to hear.
Even my wife, who knows little about cars and less about SAABs (although she has been around them for over 30 years) thought it was a bad idea.

We call that "out of the mouth of babes"

(her, not you, haha)

·
Registered
2,137 Posts
If you're lucky you just unbolt the wiper arm and it pulls right off. If your unlucky it will be seized on and you will have to use a puller.

BTW I just hit all the trim in my car with Maguires Ultimate Black a few weeks ago. All the trim looks new now even the cowl which I was ready to throw out and buy a new one.

·
Registered
2,563 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
If you're lucky you just unbolt the wiper arm and it pulls right off. If your unlucky it will be seized on and you will have to use a puller.

BTW I just hit all the trim in my car with Maguires Ultimate Black a few weeks ago. All the trim looks new now even the cowl which I was ready to throw out and buy a new one.

We should both probably report back in a few months to a year and see which product has lasted longest. While our weather conditions are different, Arizona to Wisconsin, both provide a challenge to these products. I assume Meguiars is a conditioner like Mothers whereas Forever Black is more like a paint that dries to what I call a matte finish.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts