SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone have any suggestions on how to remove wax that accidentally got onto the black striping of my 9-5 aero? It has been on there for about six months and I can't find anything that will take it off. I would appreciate any ideas.

·
Registered
44 Posts
I used "plastic garden furniture" spray - silicon based (anti-static), last week.

Any organic- or silicon spray will do, basically. If you are not sure, try out first.

(do not spray directly onto the strips of course !!!!!!!! Use a cloth, ugh..!)

So do not go out there buying expensive car-only stuff....:D

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I just found this stuff, Meguiar's Gold Class Trim Detailer. I am wondering if it just covers it up, or if it actually dissolves the wax so it can be removed. If anyone had used it please let me know. Thank you

·
Registered
203 Posts
A rag soaked in meths has always worked for me, or if its realy stubborn use a toothbrush and meths. You will then need to protect the plastic with something like Back to Black.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
call me uninformed, but what are meths? Are you referring to methanols, such as gasoline or rubbing alcohol? Thanks :confused:

X

·
0 Posts
I agree Meths has always worked for me.... and at only a few pence the cheapest product available.. :D

1 - 11 of 11 Posts