SaabCentral Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2,740 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Quick question... I know how to remove the kick panel beneath the shifter/e-brake to get access for running the aux-in cable... how do you remove the piece that creates the "U" shape around the console... you know, the piece that stays in place once you remove the kick panel aforementioned. I want to have better access to the cigarette lighter because I noticed a green wire dangling.. assuming that is part of the lighter. Also, my aux-in cable came undone and I need to make it more snug (the small screw on piece came undone so the cable fell out when I unplugged the 1/8th plug.

Diagrams and help always welcome :0

·
Registered
2,740 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
^ That is a great find... only problem is my car does not have an ashe tray... it appears there are just 3 trim pieces... a left kick... a right kick... and then a U shape one around the console.. that diagram makes it seem like there are 5 pieces. maybe I need to just go start pulling on things hard.

I was able to get the cable rerouted and fitted again.. now i want to try and hook that green cable back up. I bet you are right about the light. I think thats been off for years now and I just forgot it had one.

Thanks!

·
Registered
2,045 Posts
are you talking about the Cig lighter in your center console, or the one below the radio? a pic of what your trying to remove will help

·
Registered
7 Posts
ive just finished making my Aux-In cable, ill be putting up pics in the original "I GOT IT WORKING!!!" thread tomorrow, but i've been playing with all the panels required for aux installation, im not sure which one youre referring to? a Piccy and arrows might help :D

to make my cable more maintainable later on, ive created a connection 10cm from the input jack in the centre console, so i can disconnect it and pull the cable through if needs be (incase a connection breaks). Should mean i never need to remove the panels again to do anything to the cable.

·
Registered
2,740 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Hey guys, yeah... I know how to remove EVERY piece of dash/kick panels.

The piece I CANT remove is the piece you would see if you sat in the backseat.. between the driver and passanger seats. The plastic piece that surronds the sliding arm rest. If you were sitting in the middle of the back seat your feet would be kicking it.

On some models there is an ashe tray with a bolt to remove. On my SS, there is no ashe tray.

·
Registered
2,716 Posts
Hey guys, yeah... I know how to remove EVERY piece of dash/kick panels.

The piece I CANT remove is the piece you would see if you sat in the backseat.. between the driver and passanger seats. The plastic piece that surronds the sliding arm rest. If you were sitting in the middle of the back seat your feet would be kicking it.

On some models there is an ashe tray with a bolt to remove. On my SS, there is no ashe tray.
Mine has the ashtray, and there is no bolt in it, you just pull it out towards the rear seats.
I did this in both my 2003 Aero and 2007 Vector, both had ashtrays in the back, and both trim pieces just pulled out and clipped in. I removed this after removing both side panels on either side of the centre console.

Instructions for removing all panels from the centre console can be found here Remove Floor Console.doc which is located in the New 9-3SS Technical help section of the 'GM900 and Saab 9-3' section of the Tech.Help drop down menu at the top of the screen.

·
Registered
2,740 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
interesting, I did not realize it was as simple as just pulling it straight back... I assumed it was clipped in some how, seemed pretty sturdy. Thank you man!! :D

·
Registered
174 Posts
Quick Q - climate control panel removal from 08-on

Quick Q - I'm trying to troubleshoot an audio issue with the DIO bluetooth kit on my 08 TurboX.

I recall on my '04 Aero that removing the climate control panel was simple - use a pry tool (aka a butter knife) on both sides and gently pop it loose.

This doesn't seem to be working on the 08 - just wondering what I'm missing (and if the design changed)

Also - looking to pull the Nav display unit - to check if the bluetooth audio cable has just dropped of (assuming that in the 08, the display also is the head unit - unlike the 04)

TIA

1 - 11 of 11 Posts