SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2,207 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I need to remove the steering wheel on my 1990 900 T. It has an airbag and I don't want it going off, anyone know how to remove it?
Thanks!

·
Registered
239 Posts
No, I don't. That said, everything I read indicates it should be disabled before attempting removal; removal should only be carried out by trained personnel; personal injury may result if improperly handled.

I'm happy mine does not have one, for two reasons; one, I don't have to replace it if it deploys. two, I don't risk having it stolen.

My friend had his stolen from a Nissan... I guess the thief was trained, knew how to disable it and was willing to accept the risk of personal injury. I hear they sell for several hundred bucks in the street, and my bud had to shell out close to $600 for the new airbag installed, plus the window and paint touch up.

·
Registered
2,207 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
I talked to these people http://www.thesaabsite.com/

and the guy there said it was easy and not dangerous if you do it correctly. He said uplug the battery, wait an hour then remove the two allen/star screws from the back of the steering wheel then remove the nut. You must also unplug the bag after you remove the lower panel under the steering wheel. He said he had done hundrends of them.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts