SaabCentral Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
199 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
While I'm still not convinced the odometer miles stays with the module as they did with the NG-900s (I swapped modules back and forth a number of times) I have pictures on how to remove it from the OG 9-3s.

1. After removing the instrument panel you can remove the speedometer cluster.
2. From the back, remove the brass colored screws, noting where the two short ones go.

3. With the back removed.

4. Unscrew the two screws holding the module in and with moderate pressure disconnect the wire harness.

5. The module itself.

When replacing, just remember to put the back of the speedometer back on before putting the dashboard back in. Don't ask me how I know. :roll:
It rattles with a metallic sound.

·
Registered
19,171 Posts
Thanks for posting - we need more photo "how to's" around here.

Actually, it's the BACK of the cluster that you need to swap to retain the miles. It's not stored in the odometer module, where you'd expect it to be.

So, your instructions work... but it's even easier!

·
Registered
199 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
So to clarify, its the circuit board & etc that you are referring to?

That would explain SO much.

Maybe I'll get my spare out and some different pics and rewrite my original post.

·
Registered
19,171 Posts
Yeah... the part you removed after pulling out those screws that holds the complete rear circuit board. I found that out the hard way back in the early days.

·
Registered
117 Posts
Wow Weyfarere,you,ve gone above and beyond helping me with my problem:)with pics as well,thanks a lot. I have had the Dashboard(Instrument Panel,sorry) out before to install a Walnut inset Panel which as you probably know, involved removing the Steering Wheel/Airbag and i don't really relish the thought of removing it all again, which reading your reply would involve removing Dash again and probably risk a Heart attack.

·
Registered
199 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
You should be able to install that panel without taking the steering wheel off. You can also pull out the instrument cluster, too, without taking the wheel off.

Reactions: scallywag

·
Premium Member
53 Posts
You should be able to install that panel without taking the steering wheel off. You can also pull out the instrument cluster, too, without taking the wheel off.
That is correct. The instrument panel and cluster can be removed without taking off the steering wheel. While I have never had the need to remove the cluster, I have installed a carbon fiber overlay on the instrument panel and did not remove the steering wheel to do so. See: Dashboard and Instrument Cluster.

·
Registered
19,171 Posts
Open the telescopic clamp on the steering column and pull the column as far as it will extend. You do need to pull off the shroud on the column but the cluster can be wiggled out without removing the steering wheel or airbag.

·
Registered
117 Posts
Open the telescopic clamp on the steering column and pull the column as far as it will extend. You do need to pull off the shroud on the column but the cluster can be wiggled out without removing the steering wheel or airbag.
ok,thanks for the info.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts