SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hey folks, has anyone managed to remove the door panel on one of these? I need to take a look at the window regulator, but I'm not sure how to get at the screws behind the door handle. I saw the post about "Replacing the door speakers", but not super sure about which trim piece is supposed to pop off. I'm assuming it's the outer-most wood looking piece (Premium trim). I can separate it a little bit around the inner edge, but nothing's popping. The outer edge isn't giving at all and it's tucked under the leather at the two ends. A little worried I'm missing something so any tips appreciated. Thanks!

·
Registered
500 Posts
You're on the right track with the piece you're referring to. I have typically started out near where you would normally grab the handle to pull the door closed. It's on there really well with a bunch of spring clips, but it does come off.

I pointed out the piece that comes off with a black arrow. If I remember correctly, there is also a screw up where I put the red arrow.

Good luck!

Attachments

·
Registered
500 Posts
I think the sides, and bottom of the panel are all help on with pressure clips, so you can pry the sides, and bottom off, then the panel lifts off the top of the window sill basically. Pretty typical, but if it's your first time, you always wonder what the next step is.

I hate interior trim. Always worried all the stupid little plastic clips are going to explode everywhere.

·
Super Moderator
1,448 Posts
I hate interior trim. Always worried all the stupid little plastic clips are going to explode everywhere.
This! I’m paranoid that I’ll break or crack a plastic piece, scuff it up, or otherwise mess it up. Ugh...

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Spot on! I found it easiest to get a tool in around where the window switch is. Then I worked toward that area where the handle is as you suggested. The clips there were super sturdy, but once I got those out I was able to work back toward the two ends without trouble.

There's a little pry gap hidden by the lock release, but that was no trouble at all. After the bolts were out, the rest was like videos I've seen of the SRX!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts