SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,764 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi
yah it's me again. but i was trying to tackle the airbox removal thing, but i ran into some trouble.

how do i remove this screw?



i just gotta remove that, then i can just do the rest by myself i think

thanks guys
~Mike
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
22,211 Posts
Its a standard "torx" screw, the same size as the one that comes with the spare wheel and jack ;)




 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,764 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
hey chris, thanks for replying.

But it's not that. It's the black thing that doesn't use flathead screwdriver. It may look like it, but i can't unscrew it. :evil:

maybe if i can use a jackhammer.... :roll:

~Mike
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
202 Posts
There is that one torx screw holding that tab that is just about dead center of Chris' picture. However, in Mike's picture is appears to be covered up by some other piece of black plastic. Mine was like Chris'.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,764 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
anderz said:
It's a No-Screw fit. Check out the WIS instructions:

haha, thanks so much. but it's the right one, if you're sitting in the car, facing forward.

can you give me instructions on that one?

and :evil: when i was getting out of a friends house, i turned on my car, i noticed that my left headlight went out... gar! I have to get it replaced. any idea how much it will cost?

thanks
~Mike
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
290 Posts
The left one will be the same! You would probably find a haynes manual useful!

Headlamp will just be the bulb abd cost about £3.
Hope that helps
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
11,030 Posts
mfong said:
haha, thanks so much. but it's the right one, if you're sitting in the car, facing forward.
Mike the blinker/indicator housings are gonna be mirror images of each other....c'mon man think about it. [goes into Cartman mode] Godammit.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,764 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Kermit said:
Mike the blinker/indicator housings are gonna be mirror images of each other....c'mon man think about it. [goes into Cartman mode] Godammit.
hey shut up! ;oops:
It's just that it said remove battery cover?

I know there are people out there who want to strangle me for stupid comments :cheesy: , but yeah im sorry. :cool:

thanks guys for putting up with me.

im going to do it now, then go to the car dealer ship and have the bulb replaced.

~Mike
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
22,211 Posts
We luv ya really Mikey :p
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
11,030 Posts
Mike please tell me you're not going to the dealership to get a headlight bulb replaced?
  1. put hand behind headlight and rotate grey cap counter clockwise about 90 degrees to remove.
  2. pull off plug from back of bulb
  3. squeeze the two metal clips together and let the bracket hinge down to the bottom
  4. remove old bulb and replace with new bulb..making sure the 3 pins locate in the right slots on the headlamp fixings.
  5. lift bracket up and squeeze clips together to re-engage them behind the bulb
  6. push plug onto back of new bulb
  7. put grey cap onto back of headlight unit and rotate clockwise to seal unit again
7 steps that should take you 5 mins at the outside....i can do 2 headlamp bulbs in 3 minutes. While you have the cap off, why not put some LEDS in your Day Running Lights?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,764 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Kermit said:
Mike please tell me you're not going to the dealership to get a headlight bulb replaced?
  1. put hand behind headlight and rotate grey cap counter clockwise about 90 degrees to remove.
  2. pull off plug from back of bulb
  3. squeeze the two metal clips together and let the bracket hinge down to the bottom
  4. remove old bulb and replace with new bulb..making sure the 3 pins locate in the right slots on the headlamp fixings.
  5. lift bracket up and squeeze clips together to re-engage them behind the bulb
  6. push plug onto back of new bulb
  7. put grey cap onto back of headlight unit and rotate clockwise to seal unit again

7 steps that should take you 5 mins at the outside....i can do 2 headlamp bulbs in 3 minutes. While you have the cap off, why not put some LEDS in your Day Running Lights?


Hey, shut up :cheesy:
He gave me an extra pair of bulbs too. and it was wicked easy. gosh i feel dumb.

but as for the blinker. he had no clue how to take it out either. If you look at my picture, i have that black thing in the way. Honestly, i tried finding the snap off thing, but i couldn't find it. I tried going to www.saabnet.com, still hunting.

i'll post one more pic too =D


i really don't know if that would help.

but ok. so im not good with cars. But i'm really good with Boats. Ive been doing it half of my life, working on them and racing them. So i just need time with cars so i can get a feel for them. .... Im a Mechanical Engineer major too..... ;oops: =)

love,
~Mike
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
11,030 Posts
Mike i know its crowded in that corner with the belts and ACC equipment, but the clip is there. Just think of your car as a four wheeled boat and you won't go wrong. We are trying to get you to do these things so you can get out of a sticky situation. What you gonna do if a headlight blows in the middle of ******* county in the middle of the night? The local Zeke ain't gonna help you, he'll just think you're a "purdy" boy up for some action. :eek:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
22,211 Posts
Kermit said:
The local Zeke ain't gonna help you, he'll just think you're a "purdy" boy up for some action. :eek:
:eek: oh :eek: my :eek: word :eek:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,764 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Kermit said:
Mike i know its crowded in that corner with the belts and ACC equipment, but the clip is there. Just think of your car as a four wheeled boat and you won't go wrong. We are trying to get you to do these things so you can get out of a sticky situation. What you gonna do if a headlight blows in the middle of ******* county in the middle of the night? The local Zeke ain't gonna help you, he'll just think you're a "purdy" boy up for some action. :eek:
Zeke?
anyways. "Don't you go putting my seed in my daughter.."

ok i'll check my 4 wheeled sail boat.
I'll keep you guys updated.... :roll: ;oops:

~Mike
 
1 - 18 of 18 Posts
Top