SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
17,377 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
(Jvan... I think you posted this info recently but I can't find the thread).

I need to remove the side panel(s) in the rear of my 'vert. I read the WIS and did a little u-pull exploration, but since you can't drop the tops there, it was limited vs. the approved method. I wasn't successful in a way that would allow me to do this to my own car. I didn't need to meet any standards in the junkyard and time was short to closing, so I used less than proper methods to complete the job.

Here's what I found / did:
  • Removed 6mm screw under the half-moon cover in the door jamb.
  • Removed the door sill and screw below the seat belt.
  • Removed the two plastic push/twist bolt under the rear seat.
  • Unbolt seat belt at bottom (That's the part I was farming).
Here's what I didn't find:
  • There is something else holding the panel in the rear... a hidden fastener. I read an old post by Jake and I think he indicated there was another 6mm bolt back there. I could not find it, but something was holding the panel tight. The WIS has a step "8. Remove the bolt and plastic screw securing the trim at the back edge" and an illustration of a torx screw... where is that thing? Do I need to remove the seat back (in addition to the bottom cushion) to find that one?
  • Is there a way to remove the "clip" on the top rear without separating the glue block from the panel? Sneak in under the panel perhaps?
  • Any other fasteners I missed?

·
Registered
4,720 Posts
I think I was asking about removing it in a junkyard to salvage the insides. I honestly have no recollection of how to do it - I've done it only twice ever.

I will say, I don't think there is a way to do it without breaking that glued on block, and frankly I'm no sure you can do without breaking the yellow trim clip too. I bought a bunch of spares from eeuro last time so I'd be prepared next time.

If the block does separate, an adhesive called E6000 seems to work well putting it back. The door panels have a similar block/clip/glue arrangement that always fails.

·
Registered
17,377 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Can't really tell from the EPC where that clip is... would you have a part # handy?

·
Registered
3,341 Posts
remove the rear seat base , then fold the backrest forward ( insert key)
There is a bolt about half way up along the back edge of the trim .
Once all fasteners are out lift the trim upwards , I feed the seatbelt back thru the exit point on the trim to keep it out of the way . Its fiddly but not too bad.

·
Registered
17,377 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks. I did find those other bolts today. Troublesome in the junkyard where you can't move the rear seat back. Not back when you can. I still don't understand the clips as I've sort of broken everything with the final removal step so far.

·
Registered
17,377 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
Jvan: Can you get me that part # for the "yellow trim clip"s that break in the 'vert panel removal (or point me to an illustration)? I'd like to stock up before heading in and I'm sadly unclear even after marginally pulling junkyard panels.

That E6000 stuff really works? Looks to be too easily available at the retail level to be any good :)

Also, check your PM's for a message about a ground stud.

·
Registered
330 Posts
I have two side panels sitting in the garage currently waiting for warmer weather to prod me into reinstalling them. One has a separated foam block the other side a broken yellow pin. Would have picked one up already if eeuro didn't stop their over the counter pick ups. I am not paying shipping for it.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts