SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Guys,

Stupid question ;x

I'm trying to access the conduit behind the engine fusebox to run an amp wire, though I can't seem to get the box out of the way to get to the conduit.

Any ideas on how to get this out of the way?

Can't find any guides around so I'm sure it must be easy enough, making me feel like a total idiot.

Thanks.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Seems that I was on the right track, just wasn't being aggressive enough with the clip holding the box to the chassis.

For anyone who's wondering:

1. Go down in the area where the red oval is, there's a 10mm plastic nut that needs to be removed. Because of the space constraint, this is all sorts of fun to put back in, I used some electric tape to hold it in the socket (and then pliers to remove the electrical tape).

2. Use a screwdriver to open up the clip (green oval) and the box upwards (wiggle).

3. Disconnect the bonnet switch (yellow).

4. You might want to unplug the cable tie (blue) that holds the wires going to the fusebox to the strut mount.

5. Pink area is a post that prevents lateral movement of the fuse box, when replacing you need to realign this.

As you can see I've got it wedged on its side and have easy enough access to the grommet over the top of the strut mount.

Also don't work in the rain (Melbourne weather turns fast), it sucks :(.

·
Registered
3,185 Posts
There should be a rubber nipple that looks like the but-end of a pen that's part of the rubber grommet your wires pass through on the firewall. You' can cut that nipple right on the groove (think of a pen, then think of the plug people bite on, cut on the line that's similar to that) and you'll have a water tight location for your amp wire assuming you're not running 0 or 2 gauge wire. I ran my boost gauge wire through there. You also don't have to worry about chaffing ;ol;

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yep, thanks, I knew about the grommet, was just struggling getting to it because of the fusebox. Turns out the 'spare' hole is perfect for 4awg wire.

Finished feeding it in the rain, which was less than fun.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts