SaabCentral Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,

I've just acquired the aluminum dash for my '04 ARC (SWEET!!) and have found a link in one of the threads for instructions on how to replace the instrument panel. However, I have been unable to find any instructions on how to replace the center console (by the shifter). Any tips would be great!

Cheers,
nati

·
Registered
69 Posts
Hey Nati-

Did you find it used or buy it online somewhere? Im looking to pick up an aluminum dash too. thanks!

·
Registered
576 Posts
There are two screws behind the ashtray/cubby. You need to gently pry out the rubber surround around the shifter (or lift the gaiter on manual) and then pry the console out. There will be connections for the heated seats, cig lighter and central locking you will need to disconnect at this point. I think that's it.

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I know! I recently used you old ebay bidding link to try to talk somebody down from 99 to 50 on just the upper portion of the dash.. I'm happy that it didn't go through b/c this is the full set and it looks good. How does yours look installed? Pics? I can't wait to get mine... I will be sitting outside in 30 degree weather installing it just as soon as my final exams are over.

I'm pretty sure they're all the faux-aluminum (which is kind of a rip-off considering that buying it direct from saab is close to a thousand...)

·
Registered
29 Posts
I wouldn't install that in this weather, unless you want it to fall off. Most of these items REQUIRE at LEAST 60 degree weather outside. I too installed a dash kit like this on my other vehicle in the winter, and it was a major mistake. I had to peel it off in the springtime, get the remaining goo off, then use superglue to put it back on. Not worth the hassle. Just wait for the springtime.

·
Registered
576 Posts
The only think the weather will affect is you will be cold and try to rush. This is not something to rush as you can break some of the thinner pastic parts of the dash pretty easy.

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Thanks guys... I would wait but I haven't acquired that level of patience.. I'll just have to do it slowly and have my girlfriend bring me a hot cup of tea every now and then.. When I showed her the pic of the dash she just rolled her eyes... She just doesn't understand....

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.